News from other Nests - 2024

This thread is for Osprey nests that don't warrant a thread of their own, and for other raptor nests of interest, in an effort to keep Osprey threads to a minimum for the sake of other Community members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Southwest Florida Eagle Cam
Courtesy of ©Dick Pritchett Real Estate
www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html
©Southwest Florida Eagle Cam Foundation
www.southwestfloridaeaglecam.com/

Hancock Forum for very close coverage of the nest.

From KORKY's introductory post for the 23-24 SWFL season:

"This is the first season with M15 & new mate F23. F23 was first documented in the area Summer 2023 before officially bonding with M in October 2023.
The original adult bald eagle pair, known as Ozzie and Harriet, had been coming to this nest since 2006. After Ozzie’s passing in the early fall of 2015, Harriet & M15 bonded in late fall of 2015. After eighth seasons as a mated pair, Harriet never returned to the nest in Feb. 2023 and M successfully raised their young E21 & E22 to fledge.'
F23 has just laid her first egg
dickpritchettrealestate.com/.../

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F23 has 2 eggs and one appears to be about to hatch!... So I'm starting the new thread a couple of days early.  I don't know who is currently incubating.

IMAGICAT

• Bravo Scylla  , I did something similar so haven't watched the videos yet , just getting my responses done first       Grin       Great pic of the hard treats, still no idea what they are  - they do actually look a little like toast, but not. Also what a great pic of the Grosbeaks. How can you not be fond of these beautiful birds !!!  No red faces but they remind  me of goldfinches.  OK I've got to go back a page to finish reading and looking so  I may as well do videos which are now ready to view and I'll back page later.

• Actually, for a first of the month it was rather splendidly speedy !!!!!! Little mice or voles off the menu for another day. Love the corvids. Thanks Scylla
  • Went downhill after that Cirrus, still a sizeable delay at 14.00, just come back and seems ok now!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• SW Florida Bald Eagles

Looks like £23 is doing well:

IMAGICAT

• Big Bear Bald Eagles

I've just seen this on their YouTube pages:

Any public use of the live video, including screen captures, requires prior approval and credit to the organization: https://friendsofbigbearvalley.org/ . Thank you for your consideration!

That could contravene YT's terms* (unless they've registered copyright) but anyway I shall keep an eye on Lady Hawk and ANOther and post those here if anything special occurs.

*Licence to Other Users

You also grant each other user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to access your Content through the Service, and to use that Content (including to reproduce, distribute, modify, display, and perform it) only as enabled by a feature of the Service.

But I don't understand what the underlined (by me) bit means... ???

IMAGICAT

• Good to see Scylla still has her fingers on the pulse and producing some amazing images in perpetuity.
  • scylla said:
    But I don't understand what the underlined (by me) bit means... ???

Nor I ... my brain just exploded!! Disappointed relieved

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Gosh, I've even posted 'anything goes' cams in here - it was an accident!

Back to Ospreys!  Because Joanna Dailey has emailed news of one of her birds, 215/Dinmont, being sighted and photographed for a second time in Senegal, and she says there will be news about Kielder Forest's season preparations by the end of this week.

A good excuse to get this thread back among its siblings Laughing

IMAGICAT

• Think I need a refresher as to how to post something new but for now I'm replying to Scylla in the hope that someone will be able to help me post this properly!  The Lake Capote Osprey nest platform in Colorado has been spruced up and the camera has been relocated back to the platform.  Should have much better views of the next happenings this season.  Might even have returning Ospreys soon as their weather has been relatively mild this winter.  https://www.lakecapote.com/osprey-cam/.  They typically arrive mid March.

• Hello  

I'm having terrible trouble replying to you :(((

Thank you for the info, I'll check that nest.

To post NOT in reply to an individual post, and so that your post will appear at the end of all the posts - go back up and reply to the Original Post.

I won't elaborate with smileys or witticisms, just in case the system is sussing me out and barring me.

IMAGICAT