Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 December 2023

HAPPY CHRISTMAS 

To All Who Celebrate

I hope you all enjoy the holidays.

Santa will need a good GPS system on his sleigh when he arrives here. The temperature is soaring and likely to be 60F or 15.5C or higher tomorrow. So strange for us. The soaring temp has created VERY dense fog rolling through the woods and fields. I just saw a massive white-tailed deer buck in the bean field across the highway. He looked quite surreal bounding through the heavy fog and mist. 

Love and hugs to all.

• Heather; Wonderful to see you but not to hear your news. How in God's heaven did you fall while in a rehab facility?????

AQ: Re store clerks - I did say I was fantasizing. :-)
  • @Heather
    Oh Bless you. as AQ says how on earth were you allowed to be any position that you could be any where near being able to fall. Am so so so very sorry for your pain and being back in Hospital.

also sending Prayers Hugs and love..Thank you for taking the effort to let us all know, and hope ALL our thoughts Hugs and Prayers as Pat says wing their way to you, for an early satisfactory recovery with NO MORE falls.

Extra BIG HUG

• Thanks everyone. I have a big drop in blood pressure when I stand and it has caused these falls. I'm on medication and only hope that it works....
  • Thanks Heather. Well at least they know it’s a blood pressure thing. I hope the medication works. I was once playing golf with a lady who suddenly collapsed in a heap on the 13th green. The ambulance had to come on the course. We thought she had had a heart attack. Turns out that was low blood pressure. She was fine after that and still played well into her 80s. She is in her 90s now and still comes to the social events. Hope that tale gives you encouragement.
  • Heather: I remember our Tai Chi leader had low blood pressure and at one class she had to sit down quickly before she toppled over. She's okay now. But I don't understand why, when you've had these falls for quite a while, that the medical types haven't been keeping better track of it.... ,
  • Oh HEATHER just when you were hoping to be home soon. So sorry for your pain. What can we do with you – wrap you in cotton wool? Instead I am sending prayers and {{{BIG HUGS}}}
  • Dau#2 and appendages visited yesterday. Presents opened, Trio each disappeared behind a book LOL. Twins delighted that we had given them their current favourite cat or dog fiction. (As advised by Dau!) Miss12 spent the afternoon quoting from her animal book – did you know. . . capybara. . . isopods. .. . some rare African frog (I’ve forgotten which one). . . did you know. . . OH dozed in his chair. They demolished a’tea of homemade sausage rolls followed by a bowl of Lindt choc balls plus a few Ferrero Roche for s-i-l. MissJ gathered her wrappers into a ball, wrapped them in gold FR foil and replaced in bowl. Her father going along with the joke picked it up and said “I’ll have one more”. Delighted laughter as the rubbish fell out and MissJ produced the uneaten FR for him. My OH, Dau & twins took Toby for a walk around the block. OH fell asleep in his chair. This morn, I have been up for 2 hours, OH has been asleep in his TV chair.
  • Oh dear Heather, so sorry that you have had another setback. Thanks for letting us know, for as you are aware we were all concerned about you. Sending warm wishes and positive thoughts, and hoping that you can recover quickly.
    My OH has this drop in BP problem. I always know that it is not a heart attack, but if we are in a public place, folks are always keen to call an ambulance.
  • Heather - so sorry to hear you have had another fall and are back in the main hospital. I'm not surprised you are fed up and pray that you will soon be home.

• AQ. Glad you had a good visit from Daughter number 2 and family. It’s great to see youngsters enjoying books isn’t it?
    The weather here is cold, and wet. I had a brief thought that I might put my waterproofs on and go for a walk. Never happened!!! I just went out and fed the birds instead.