Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 November 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have a good week.

Monday morning (the 27th) is the full moon in the UK and US. 

It's cold here, and we have snow coming in the morning. The red-bellied woodpecker drilled on the frame of my bedroom window early today. I hadn't seen him for awhile. He didn't stay long. I think he just wondered if I'm still in here. LOL

Hugs to all.

• OG - You appeared while I was blithering. Well done on getting magazine completed. Nurse that cold, get well soon.
  • Morning all from SE London as I am back for 2 days nanny duty.

I'll be reading but not much posting. Have a good week all.

Thoughts with Heather for continual improvement.

• OG - I hope the cold is completely gone now. What with the magazine and composing prayers you have plenty to do. It is good to feel useful though isn’t it?
    It is a horrid dull, wet and cold day here today! I hope French this afternoon will cheer us up with people’s tales of holidays near rivers. In the meantime, this morning I am going to hoover and dust!!! Oh joy.
  • Cold seemed to be disappearing, but back with a vengeance today. So tired from continuous sneezing!

I don't have any regrets about resuming the magazine editorship - I moan about it some of the time, but I really enjoy being useful!

One of our cleaners was unwell today - unfortunately it is the one who likes ironing . Other one cleaned well on her own, (easier for her as the ironing one talks all the time and distracts her) but she doesn't do ironing, so EE has tried to do some - and now J is doing his jeans (he always does his own).
  • Well, it was very quiet on here yesterday. Shame your “ironing” cleaner was ill OG. There are a lot of bugs going round at the moment. I hope that’s not the reason for other people’s absence on here.
    French yesterday was most enjoyable. Once we had all discussed the holidays near rivers which we had prepared for homework, the man who had prepared the lesson this week gave each group information about various French rivers (we had the Loire) which we had to research and add our own reminiscences of before reporting back to the rest of the class. We really enjoyed it. We finished with a geographical quiz. It’s amazing how quickly 2 hours can pass with us all chatting away in French. In 2 weeks we have our annual party at a member’s house (they have a big house!!!) We all take a contribution and we normally end up with a wonderful buffet!!
    Today I am off to RSPB Conwy with the Flora and Fauna group. We always go at this time of year so that we can buy our Christmas cards in their shop!!! We will visit the 3 hides too and walk all round the reserve (about 2 miles)
  • Hello RUSTY! Even quieter today! Glad your French meeting went so well, and I hope you have been enjoying Conwy today. Our garden birds were very active and a good spread of variety today. I have started writing Christmas letters this morning. First one was a promised reply to Granddaughter in Brighton which inspired me to get on with a mass catch up for all the letters and emails I have not been motivated to do all this year! I started with printing my envelope labels - always with a little prayer that I I can still use my Access database without Microsoft having messed about with it since last time! I had to delete a few deaths this time, and then received a change of address from elder grandson and family - and there are usually late changes requiring an extra sticky label on top!

We had an afternoon appt for servicing our alarm system, but the man came at 11am, so we find we have an empty afternoon. OH asked what I wanted done, then reeled off a list of what he intended to do, so I shall continue to accupy myself. I have two appts to go out tomorrow - not looking forward to the frost in the morning.

I hope everyone is okay. One person we haven't heard from in a while is LYNETTE - does anyone hear from her?
  • Brilliant day at RSPB Conwy. 8 species of duck seen plus goosander and red breasted merganser. 32 species in all including fantastic long views of a wonderful kingfisher.

A few photos - can you just make out Conwy Castle which you can see from the reserve?

• Goodness. I think I forgot to write on here, again. We've been so busy but in between, I've been falling asleep on the sofa!

A new TV is now ordered as thankfully, the hiccuping one died again, and so my OH gave in and let me get online to send for the one I had in mind as a replacement. He enjoys his News and Sport, along with old films, so it is a priority, LOL! After redecorating, I mentioned putting the one in the sitting room on the wall to save space, but he won't have it. On reflection, it may mean getting some better arrangement for the tv to sit upon, as although we have a tv cupboard we have outgrown it. I'm angling for a built in cupboard with shelves - wish me luck!I

OG I suppose your cold is going through its stages. I hope you've stopped sneezing now, it is tiresome.

• Great photos, Rusty. You had a nice bright day for your outing.