Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 November 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone is safe and secure from the flooding and other perils of the big storm. My thoughts are with you all. Also, I'm sending healing to Heather.

I heard a wild turkey in the neighbors' side of the woods this week. I didn't see the bird, but the gobble call was unmistakable. I didn't look for it, because it was probably seeking safe haven from the hunters (Thanksgiving is coming here). I left it in peace.

I hope everyone has a good week (with sunshine!).

• Pat O said:
    AQ - I think you and I share a double soapbox!

Make that a Triple soap box.....Agree totally, 

• Busy day for you OG.

RUSTY I love to hear about your visits to Chester zoo. It is great to see animals in their natural habitat but also good there are places like Chester zoo when this is not possible.

I so agree that we are losing part of history by changing the names of anything we are not happy with.
  • Well, everyone has been who had said they would come – also dealt with extra phone calls starting before breakfast! Pleasant weather today, although it had rained earlier this morning. Tits and Finches have got used to the trees being trimmed, so they are coming in flocks.

ANNETTE – glad Horse move went well. Good that GD has at last decided to come back to California – and for her own best future career. Will it be a good year to fit in with change of school for MsD?

PAT ETC – move over to free my space on that soapbox!

Been given my job for this evening – checking the papers J has collected for his interview on Friday – they sent lists to be complied with, but duplicates and discrepancies between lists!
  • You sound to have had a busy and successful day OG. Good luck with going through all J’s papers. Why is nothing ever straightforward?
    I had a successful shop in town after having my hair done. I was shocked at how much it cost me to send some Harris Tweed table mats to Canada!!! (Christmas present for my friends) They cost almost as much to post as it did to buy them!!! They would have been a bit cheaper if I had sent them surface but goodness knows how long they would have taken!!!
  • RUSTY - You wrote "I knew i would start a debate when I mentioned the Pygmy mice and lemurs - lol!!!!"

Not a debate; it's seems we are all in agreement LOL

• We had our latest covid jabs this week – No 6, only for over 70s or those over 65 at risk. We well & truly fit those criteria. Only a slight sore arm next day. I actually have only one more medical appt (Physio) for rest of this month. Next on list is a dental checkover and car service. They can wait, I by-passed them and I have booked a lunch with a friend.
  • AQ: I had flu and Covid shots at the same time a few weeks back; no reaction at all other than two slightly sore arms.

OG: Not the very best time for a move for Ms. D. We'd originally hoped they'd be here this summer before she started Jr. High but thing didn't work out that way. We're going to have to see what works best....d
  • Covid and flu vaccines for us both this morning....all very well organised. I enquired about the shingles vaccine and that will not be until January.

OG I hope Js interview goes well.

It has taken 6 weeks but I finally finished Erica's jigsaw yesterday.....It was 1500 pieces and very complex, but a lot of fu. If anyone wants to look it was a ravensburger puzzle entitled "Shoals"
  • RUSTY – the silly complication with J’s papers was they insisted he had to produce a “right to work” evidence in the UK! He is already listed as a staff member on the casual list! Postage rates seem to have increased again recently – I thought they usually went up in April.

ANNETTE – I am sure your Granddaughter will efficiently find a solution to suit MsD’s education – she seems like a good organiser!

E-E and I had our Covid and Flu vaccines this morning, one in each arm. All very efficient from online booking to leaving the vaccination centre at the time we were due to arrive – because I won’t risk turning up late. Just after lunch, furniture recycling charity arrived to pick up the sideboard – we are pleased with the space it leaves but wrestling with new positions for some pictures. J has just arrived home from his dental inspection – dentist congratulated him on his teeth! OH is busy making “liver country bake” – a lovely smell coming from the kitchen as he is using up a couple of spare leeks in place of the onions. J won’t eat it – he gets a sausage!
  • I have had another busy day and have another one tomorrow. I will make time on Saturday to reply to everyone.

We walked under and over the famous aqueduct today. Here are photos from both angles.