Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 November 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone is safe and secure from the flooding and other perils of the big storm. My thoughts are with you all. Also, I'm sending healing to Heather.

I heard a wild turkey in the neighbors' side of the woods this week. I didn't see the bird, but the gobble call was unmistakable. I didn't look for it, because it was probably seeking safe haven from the hunters (Thanksgiving is coming here). I left it in peace.

I hope everyone has a good week (with sunshine!).

• Thank you Diane! Have a good week yourself.
  • Thank you Diane. I hope the turkey survives!
    I see Lindy and her OH are still in Cork. I don’t think I would be happy. I can’t see than making it to the Azores now. They could have got the ferry to Dublin and driven to Cork and got back again in the time it has taken them. Fred Olsen must be frantically trying to make decisions and keep all the passengers happy too. Such a shame.
    I see a bit of blue sky. Maybe we are in for a brighter day today.
    Thinking of Heather. I hope you are feeling OK. I bet the family have been to see you this weekend. Sending best wishes.
  • It looks as though Lindy’s ship is leaving Cork. We should have guesses as to where it will go next. I will hedge my bets by saying a port in Northern France. Sadly, I don’t think it will be the Azores. I really hope I am wrong though. Guess what? It’s raining here again!!!
  • I've been following it too. Hope it's not too much of a disaster for them... What a shame.
  • Rusty,,wrong country  Ha!!!......... Shame for Lindy, and her poor OH who will be me thinks even more annoyed, re that phone call , playing on his mind

• Hello All,

I don't post on your thread but do read it (one of the lurkers!) and have noted your concerns re Lindy's Borealis cruise. I have found this and it appears, within the Itinerary, that Belfast and Cork are part of 'trip'...

https://www.fredolsencruises.com/cruise/the-azores-with-the-fleet-in-funchal-s2323

Click on 'Explore the Itinerary', within the synopsis of the cruise. I hope this allays your concerns?

• Sandra, you're not wrong. Thanks for sharing this ....... and please feel free to post again. This is a friendly thread.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks Sandra. ( Nice to see you) Looks as if it is a revised itinerary because they are not going to the Azores any more. When I read the original itinerary it basically sailed directly to the Azores and then worked its way back via Funchal etc. Well, it’s a compromise and the weather was terrible. I do hope Lindy and her OH can still enjoy it.
    Have arranged to go and see my friend in the Assisted Living complex this afternoon. No doubt we will have a very good chat!!!!!!
  • Diane - like you I have Irish Grandparents. My Dad was born in Cork in 1913 and came to England, following his elder brothers in search of employment, which he found at Fords in Dagenham.

He met my Mum at a dance and as she was one of 2 Children (unusual in those days) my Grandmother was a tartar and was very protective. However the romance progressed and they were married on Christmas Eve 1939 and the wedding party lasted 3 days!. My Grandmother and all the family eventually welcomed my Dad and he was one of the people she asked for on her death bed.

I do hope that Lindy and her OH can enjoy their cruise even if it is shortened by the weather.

Heather - I hope you are feeling better after your fall and hospital stay and that you can manage the symptoms.

I too hpe the wild turkey survives the hunters and can live to see another December.

Have a great week all and stay safe.

• Thank you DIANE and also to all for kind thoughts. I am doing fine and very grateful that nothing was broken !
    Going to be 78 in a couple weeks time and can hardly believe my good fortune :-)