OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• Just to let picture speak for itself

• trevor l said:
    Hope I am on the wright one

We're HERE - but I understand if you don't wish to stray from the LG forums.

Just checked the thread and there are now TWO eyases !!!

EDIT - I see that you, too, are more on-the-ball than I am Persevere

I don't think I'm going to be much use today.

I've searched 'n searched for this so's to do you a little vid, but cannot find it - probably due to myopia Stuck out tongue winking eye

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    searched for this so's to do you a little vid, but cannot find it

Would this help  do not have TS  for that date on chat there a TS

• trevor l said:
    Would this help  do not have TS  for that date on chat there a TS

I think that would've helped if only I hadn't been so late noticing your post,TREVOR - it's too long ago to scroll back to now, dang Persevere

I have PM'd you the Poland link, but here it is again just in case it gets lost:

©LiveBirdsPoland
    www.youtube.com/.../LiveBirdsPoland

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

This Allen's Hummingbird is (we're told) spending her days on this branch waiting for nesting time.  I think she's called Olive.

https://youtu.be/YXRpZ5maNVw

The webcam featuring Phoebe the hummingbird used to sustain me throughout the winter before the ospreys return so I'll check this out, thanks scylla

• Unknown said:
    The webcam featuring Phoebe the hummingbird used to sustain me

I did follow a well-known hummingbird for one season - misfortune befell her, and I think the cam owner took the chicks into care.  It's a good few years ago now, I can't remember the details.

Yesterday or the day before I recorded some of Olive from my screen but haven't got around to compiling the clips.  Now am rather too tired - had flu+covid jabs yesterday and reacted more strongly than usual.

Probably going to be offline for a few hours Slight smile

IMAGICAT

• I also followed Phoebe (Allen) webcam, my first introduction to the amazing world of Hummingbirds, however I can't remember all the details but was surprised to look back and see how many years it had been running! Looking forward to nesting on this new one!
    Sorry to hear that you are suffering from having the two injections at once Scylla, I was more fortunate in having them separately, no after effects from covid two weeks ago and keeping fingers firmly crossed nowt from this morning's flu jab, am taking a paracetamol every four hours as advised by Nurse as a precaution! Hope you feel better soonest!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    am taking a paracetamol every four hours as advised

I must be nutz, I was just thinking about taking some for a headache, but it might have helped with very painful arm and chills.  Just no presence of mind whatsoever Tired face

This is a leftover from the Devon  nighttime - the snail crawled up to the top, around and down and around the feeder - I hope it was worth it Blush

Mojave

The juvenile Cooper's Hawk tried to catch a ground squirrel:

Olive the Allen's Hummingbird:

IMAGICAT

• Some from Poland I think you posted sometime ago Scylla ?

Black squirrel

And of cause the Red

Just leave my Nut's alone you?

The Devon Pheasant Incoming

Phew made It