OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

• Lovely footage again Scylla, noticed a raggedy wing on the Stork, possibly it cannot fly?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    noticed a raggedy wing on the Stork, possibly it cannot fly?

Correct - I'm not sure about the partner because I've seen large birds flying occasionally, but I think maybe the fitter one can't fly far - or it's too bonded with the disabled one to leave ???

The Storks have their very own cam but I haven't been downloading it - I got this for you from rollback and have now started downloading so that later we'll have "dismounting and mounting" evidence of height of nest/platform.

Manton Bay

Stock Dove on the nest!  Don't all worship me at once Stuck out tongue winking eye 

(And if that isn't asking for a red face, I don't know what is!)

I've now discontinued Manton Bay for the time being.

Mojave

Gambel's Quail via the ground cam. I forgot to note at the end that the Cooper's Hawk may have arrived in the area.

Just in case it's of any interest to anyone whatsoever, here's the latest on my SoCal Starr Ranch Barn Owls.

As you may know, the eucalyptus tree cavity, which Barn Owls have bred in for at east 15 years that I know of, has been taken over by honey bees.

This was the recently-fledged owlet who was the last one still spending its days in the cavity - well this was the last day, obviously, it was about the 20th of June:

It didn't take the bees long to get to this stage:

They split themselves eventually, apparently they create a new queen and she takes off with the overflow.  Since then, they're been looking fewer and fewer, and spend most of their time hidden between the combs.

A Barn Owl has been visiting frequently and appears to tug at the combs but never makes the slightest impression on them - it's getting near breeding time in SoCal - this was last night:

There may be lots of mistakes above but I have to log off.

• Such a beautiful Stock Dove - so well done Scylla and for all the other videos . Enjoyed the Storks and Bees !! super
  • Here could be answers re the Stork nest:

• Makov

Poor little Great Tits (and a Blue Tit) stymied by the snow - just a shortie:

Mojave

Cactus Wren

• Tragically, I posted some stuff here yesterday and drifted off without hitting the Post button - and after a Windows Update (two, actually) it's no longer here.

I told you that I'm on antibiotics for an ear abscess and hence not at peak performance Tired face Stuck out tongue winking eye

Mojave

The Bobcat - first he got a couple of snacks over a few hours:

Later he was tired and had a bit of a groom:

Here's a slow but interesting (IMHO) early evening with the Storks et al - "No goose was harmed in the making of this movie-let":

• Lovely footage Scylla, and I didn't know about your ear problem Disappointed relieved.... GWS Fingers crossed

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Scylla said on the 2nd of Jan:

Downloader has gone into crash-mode again so I'm in bits.

And again this afternoon - it's the 8th day since I restarted the downloader after giving it a rest.  I wasn't working on the laptop when it happened @ 16:43.

• Not good news again Scylla, is it some special sort of software? My Niece has told me about Clipchamp but it looks complicated to me!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr