OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    Woodcock?

Thank you, KORKY - that's a first for me Grinning

IMAGICAT

• Hi Korky! Yup, looked like a woodcock to me, too. Relaxed
    I loved the landscape views of Glaslyn, seemed magical.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Thank you so much for all your hard work Scylla. And well done on the Woodcock

• Mojave

The white Mourning Dove (I speculate):

Glaslyn

You can imagine the shock I got when I came upon this Osprey !!! AstonishedStuck out tongue winking eyeGrinning

Great White Egret - there would have been some lovely footage if only it hadn't been so blurred and (omitted) shaky:

Boreal Ontario

IMAGICAT

• Tis a lovely Buzzard       Relaxed    and great white Egret  and I particularly liked your video of the other day when one  bold birdie actually pecked the pot cat and no,l there was no seed in the bowl created by the cat's curled tail at the time

• 28 May

Boreal Ontario

I small handful of tough treats were dropped onto the tray the day before, no-one had wanted them - then the Gray Jays ate some, lost one, took some away, leaving just one morsel for a Blue Jay to fly off with:

How can these 2 be related?!

More (different) treats were put out that evening and the next day the same birds dispatched them - here's the Gray Jay with the last one:

Glaslyn

The family of four still sails up 'n down the river:

IMAGICAT

• Are those hard bits toast ? Nah, they'd break up too much with each peck wouldn't they? Anway, now I know the call of a  blue jay. Thank you Scylla.  Loved the reflections of the swan necks        Smile

• Mojave

They only mention Desert Pocket Mouse but this (the best view I've seen of any mouse or rat [the Kangaroo Rats are always bright white with no detail evident] so far) looks to me like a Deer Mouse.

Here's an even better look at one - it will eventually be released - https://youtu.be/U5NI3KBFeUg?t=404

Hostess Andrea has been injured but between the first "announcement" yesterday and this view of her today (Unlisted) I missed the cause:

IMAGICAT

• 30 Jan

Glaslyn

The Buzzard had a long preen (and a poop) on the Pont Croesor nest - and there's an almost still picture of the Tawny Owl in its box at the end - unfortunately both long-distance views.

Here was the Woodcock - when it closed its eye you would hardly know it was there:

Boreal Ontario

Forlorn Redpoll didn't have long to wait for breakfast to be served:

Pine Grosbeak flying down after perching on top of the cam:

It turned dark mid-afternoon - Gray Jays came and took the hard treats again - you can't see them very well here because the Redpoll etc have scattered seeds on top:

IMAGICAT

• I looked in on the Glaslyn nest yesterday and there was  a 'birdie' on the  PC  nest perch and my heart momentarily leaped.  I needed to tell myself that it wasn't time for the Osps yet, sigh. Thanks for the lovely  video Scylla. - with Tawney