OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• Thank you Wendy had wonderful day all the cooking done by 12 00
    sat in front Ove log burner with doors open two ule login worming my legs
    Then i woke up ? Great day thank you
  • Thank you and the same to you, CC Purple heart

Thank you for all the Cresties, TREVOR - what a cosy Christmas Day you had Hugging

IMAGICAT

• Boxing Day

I noticed that the Makov rescue station has put the basket feeder back online, here's my summary from today - if anyone can ID the blue storky/herony bird, please enlighten me.

(EDIT - Sorry, I forgot to take the middle out of the carrot-chopping, so it goes on too long.)

IMAGICAT

• Just looking at the photo I can see a pretty peahen, now to watch  video  for  blue whatsit

Well, there is a stork but no, give up on the bluey whatsit

Thanks Scylla.

sweet lamb

• scylla said:
    if anyone can ID the blue storky/herony bird, please enlighten me.

It's a youngish Common Crane. The lamb is a young Mouflon a type of wild sheep native to Cyprus, Turkey etc. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Wow, thanks so much TeeJay AstonishedHugging

I am fairly sure that the Crane is a newish resident - I don't remember ever seeing it since I've been following sporadically over the past few years.

Unknown said:
    The lamb is a young Mouflon a type of wild sheep

It seems that the disabled "deer" from late October has been operated on, I thought it was a vain wish at the time Green heart

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    It seems that the disabled "deer" from late October has been operated on, I thought it was a vain wish at the time

Where did you read the details of that Scylla, the poor deer doesn't look any better to me?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I    am so very glad the little deer has a caring home, shelter and food . Thank you Scylla

• WendyBartter said:
    Where did you read the details of that Scylla, the poor deer doesn't look any better to me?

I didn't read anything anywhere, WENDY - but in October the "deer" (who is actually a Mouflon, a wild sheep, as per TEEJAY's advice) was on its knees, harrowing to see.  It seems to be using one leg quite well now, with the other straight but rather dangly but, if my fave dog rescuer is anyone to go by, it may well strengthen over time.

I'm hoping that's the situation - but if we see it on its knees again we'll know I've erred! Hugging

IMAGICAT

• The Mouflon can be seen occasionally on the main Markov cam. It's walking on four legs and appears to have a cast on its leg. It's very tame so can probably never be released because I'm told they get hunted in Czechia.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream