OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

• Took the Birds a while..to realise......but...message,soon received..

• Good oh Wendy !  thank you thank you. And yes today I see some faithful soul has refilled the feeder   (thank you so much to whoever that was)  Heart eyes

• Namibia yesterday moring - those little birds with the distinctive voices again, I couldn't resist them:

You - well, I - just don't expect to see these two in the African desert!  Looks like they're regulars, and the owl came back for a bathe later:

Warthog and maybe a Pied Crow but there are other candidates.

Feeder

No birds till a Coal Tit @ gone 08:30!  But eventually a GSW had them queuing up again.  High winds forecast today.

Coal Tits queuing up the tree trunk:

• Unknown said:

Good oh Wendy !  thank you thank you. And yes today I see some faithful soul has refilled the feeder   (thank you so much to whoever that was)  

Had this message from Jess Tomes

But see feeder already filled, as you say, many thanks to whoever!Grinning

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks again, WENDY!

Mojave

Mr Skeleton got an easy chair for Christmas:

LG Feeder

The stream is flaky for a period every day but this morning it's worse so I've had to switch it off pro tem.  It has continued to be very busy.

A different white doggie with a bigger red cost:

Namibia

These Zebra have alternate black and shadow stripes - apparently the stripes vary with geography, to put it carelessly.

The owl and the hare were on opposite sides of the watering hole at the same time - I wonder if they have a regular date?

Then later, the hare shared with the porcupine!  Occasionally the porky would raise its quills:

• Oo er, bigger white doggie looks bizarre   No face         Thinking  Wot's that all about.

Owl an hare , mmmmmmm, possibly a new take on the  owl and the pussy cat

Interesting about the zebra stripes 

• Just checked the feeder and it's up 'n running.  It's quite busy now, but scrolling back I found it the busiest I've seen it.  It needs a video to show the intensity but I'm packing up now, g'night.

• Intense    cos they were all out of  peanuts for quite a number of hours ¬! Ths coal tits are so precious

• Is that one of your photoshop editing jobs Scylla, inserting a line of Coat Tits?

I've never seen so many Coalies in one place at one time before

Richard B

• Unknown said:
    Is that one of your photoshop editing jobs

It honestly isn't, and I know you believe me because you know I wouldn't be able to resist (1) boasting about what I'd achieved, and (2) making excuses for imperfections Stuck out tongue winking eye

Three hours later, just about the same crush:

By 16:00 they were replaced by raindrops:

I switched it off overnight to save the planet and have only just remembered to switch it back on.

Via rollback, a Coalie was first in, but didn't get right down to it because something fascinating was going on "over there":

Lunchtime, a Crestie - isn't it wonderful how they catch one's eye amid the clamour?