Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Have a good week, folks.

I'm once again in the midst of a regional power outage. So, I'm logging off to preserve the charge on my phone. Sigh...

Take care, all.

• LINDY Thanks, he will be watching the rugby with Benson on his lap later on. Hope both are good matches.

PAT O Good advice for LINDY I think. Love the idea go your Sisters ashes being planted with a skimmer.

I fell in love with a 14 week old long haired GSD at Tiso this morning. Absolutely gorgeous and so well behaved.
  • Morning all:

Rusty: Happy Birthday in advance because I'll probably have forgotten by next week. Suggest you make your birthday with family easy on yourself and keep it simple. Our birthdays tend to be spread out too. I swear my daughter has received enough 'early' bday gifts that we're good through 2028. :-))

PatO; Had to google skimmia; never heard of it! What color? Hope your dear sister enjoyed the various trips in your car. :-)

OG: Gosh, that's a high - and unrealistic - bar for J given your location. How was your dinner out in Gretna?

Lindybird: Oh dear, we are both falling down in the Responsibility for Meds department, but Pat's suggestion makes sense. Hope you try it. Failing that, is it only Tuesday that you'd be without them? If so..... OH is doing much better and actually doing his PT exercises, but I can see I'll have to keep 'encouraging' him once the treatment officially terminates next week.

AQ: I know you hate the heat; hope your summer isn't too bad.

Off to sort out something (there must be something that needs sorting.....)

• Annette - It's red, which is the same colour as her husband has planted in their garden with half her ashes. I wanted to 'match'. I'm sure she has enjoyed being in my car for the past few months - before her illness became too severe, she enjoyed trips out. She's been in the car for around a thousand miles, so has seen plenty of lovely places! So it's about time she was finally laid to rest under the skimmia, where she will be able to watch the deer, foxes and various birds. I know I'm quite flippant about her ashes, and I hope it doesn't upset anyone here. But as a Christian I know her soul, or spirit, or essence - all the important bits - are safe for eternity, so I can make jokes about the bodily remains.
  • Pat O said:
    So it's about time she was finally laid to rest under the skimmia, where she will be able to watch the deer, foxes and various birds. I know I'm quite flippant about her ashes, and I hope it doesn't upset anyone here. But as a Christian I know her soul, or spirit, or essence - all the important bits - are safe for eternity, so I can make jokes about the bodily remains.

I'm not a Christian but what you've said here makes perfect sense.  I bet she's been joyfully following all those miles!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Nearly forgot to do this after dinner! Visit from Dau went well yesterday, and they paid for the dinner! The food was good – but huge portions even though they offer smaller portions on many items – glad I didn’t order normal size! They had enjoyed the time in Blackpool, but she did say it’s not like it used to be! What they most disliked was having to book everything in advance and use QR codes to go anywhere. We found some time for a family chat about our future. That was a bit upsetting, but we shall need a get together with other Dau too and make early plans, but not immediate.

LINDA – I was surprised that you are away again, but weather has been good today, so I guess you want to enjoy it while it is dry. I see Pat has suggested local pharmacy and a call to your doc for emergency supply – worked for me a few years back when I rushed off to Dorset for my Aunt whose husband died suddenly.

AQ – job for J is still not fixed, so being nearby he will go Monday morning and ask if they want him – what was said Friday was not clear.

DIBNLIB – what a “fun“ day you had -not! I hope your OH’s eye will heal very soon and not get sore. I hope Benson enjoyed the rugby!

ANNETTE – glad you have found knowledgeable help for the garden!

PAT – long before my parents died, they told me not to put their ashes anywhere in particular so as not to commit to visiting, so they were both scattered in hills, but not the hills they had enjoyed walking – theory was the wind would move them about anyway! Their friend down south told Mum that if he got a bit of ash in his eye, he would remember – “Ah! That’s George”!

A normal church service tomorrow with our placement ordinand. Need to pack up now as we won’t get to bed and then may have trouble getting up!