Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a good week. Enjoy the last vestiges of summer! (Winter for AQ.)

Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane.

• Morning all: I think it was Lindybird who mentioned shingles shots - that's one I didn't like at all.

Diane: Thank you. It's going to be about 100F at the wedding site, which is outdoors......
  • CLARE thank you

Sounds completely illogical not vaccinating those at the same address when they are entitled. Where are the brains of those administrating.

HEATHER Sorry you are finding the temperature so very uncomfortable and totally irresponsible of the poor dogs owners not to do something about the noise.
  • Unknown said:
    It's going to be about 100F at the wedding site, which is outdoors......

Oh, blimey.  That's a few degrees hotter than it is here at the moment ...... and I'm currently struggling to do anything at all.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• The cloud came over just now so I went out to do a spot of deadheading. It was raining lightly so I just stood there in it. It was most refreshing!
    Annette - I hope they will provide some shade at the wedding. That is too hot!! Take care.
  • Just spent the day sizzling in the stand at Hickstead. It was EXTREMELY hot!!! Not many people, though, so we were all spread out. I felt so sorry for the riders - in previous hot spells they have been allowed not to wear their jackets, which are very thick and heavy. However, today no such reprieve was given. Bonkers. My car registered 31.5 degrees on the way home, and it was certainly hotter than that in the stand - and not a breath of wind. Will it be cooler tomorrow for the end-of-season competitions? I don't think so ...

Hope everyone is managing to find some shade. Annette, sounds as though the wedding is going to be hot, hot, hot. Keep drinking the water ... And Heather, I do hope that dog is quiet tonight. Very selfish of the neighbours not doing something about it ...
  • Just come in from the garden having enjoyed roast lamb and a glass of wine. We are watching The Last Night of The Proms which I love. We've seen a few of the Proms this year, and recorded the rest of those shown on TV. I like to watch the musicians playing, so rarely listen to the radio broadcasts.

Heather- That's so disturbing hearing a dog whine like that. The owners shouldn't be allowed to have animals. Grr.

I hope Annette is not suffering too much from that awful heat and can enjoy the wedding.