Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a good week. Enjoy the last vestiges of summer! (Winter for AQ.)

Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane.

• My surgery here in East Kent are starting flu & covid jabs together in a week or so, care homes & vulnerable first then working through down to folk over 65!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• My surgery gave both jabs together last year. They have posted a notice on the website to say that they are expecting the flu jabs to arrive on September 18th and they will announce the dates of the sessions we can book into soon after that. However, they are very disgruntled because, although they applied to administer the covid boosters like last year, (and very efficient they were too) they have been turned down and we are all going to get sent for at a bigger centre somewhere. It does seem like a waste of resources and, of course, an inconvenience to us clients!!
  • ANNETTE: I hope you can enjoy all of the wedding events this weekend. Have a safe journey driving to the wedding and also the party the next day. I also hope your shot will continue to diminish your sciatica. Thinking of you.
  • OG I knew from the start I may be asked for a statement. I was given a guide by the DC involved and my statement iwas more historical than OHs was. What was my relationship with my brother like etc, also he suggested my feelings when I was told the news and how I feel now. Pleased I have done my bit.
  • Well done, dibnlib. That couldn't have been easy, or pleasant.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• rusty2 said:
    My surgery gave both jabs together last year. They have posted a notice on the website to say that they are expecting the flu jabs to arrive on September 18th and they will announce the dates of the sessions we can book into soon after that. However, they are very disgruntled because, although they applied to administer the covid boosters like last year, (and very efficient they were too) they have been turned down and we are all going to get sent for at a bigger centre somewhere. It does seem like a waste of resources and, of course, an inconvenience to us clients!!

It's completely mad, isn't it?  Two years ago Limpy had his first two Covid jabs at our local surgery but I had to go to a sports centre in Ipswich.  I just don't get the logic .....if there is any.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare Bailey said:
    It's completely mad, isn't it?

Absolutely,

My OH Housebound,so they will come inject him, flu jab, but cannot inject me as his 79/80 year old carer,at same time.

• I had no idea you were as old at that!

That's completely mad as well. If our surgery can do myself and Limpy at the same time despite our near15-year age difference then all the surgeries should be vaccinating couples together.

• There is no joined up thinking is there!!! Hey ho!!!
    I have just been out watering my pots. They looked desperate for a drink. I keep having to refill my bird bath as it is getting so much use (and giving me a lot of pleasure in the process) It is mostly sparrows with wood pigeons a close second followed by blackbirds. Yesterday there was a robin which was lovely. I have a smaller dish on the ground too in a sheltered spot at the bottom of the garden and some birds prefer that.
  • OG - I'm not enjoying the hot weather. Just not used to it up here ! I had hardly any sleep last night - not unusual for me, but the dog next door was,whining and barking until 6am. I can't for the life of me understand why his owners could sleep or ignore it. I imagine that the poor dog was struggling with the heat...