Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 September 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a good week. Enjoy the last vestiges of summer! (Winter for AQ.)

Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane.

• DIANE:   THANK YOU!

Labor Day will be quiet here.  Hope you and your critters have the best day possible....

• Hope your sciatica pain is diminishing, Annette.
  • Good morning, all. It promises to be a beautiful day here ....... let's see if I can get Limpy out somewhere nice.)

Happy Labor Day to Diane, Annette and Bjane ...... whatever that is. Annette, good to know you're in less pain.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• DIANE – Thank you for a new week. It is Spring! Here DownUnder we change season on 1st of Sept not at solstice. And it is a warm sunny 24 C . . . with showers returning tomorrow.

• Diane - thank you for starting us off yet again.
    Happy Holiday to all across the Atlantic.
    AQ - your spring temperature sounds just right to me.
    Clare - hope you and Limpy get out somewhere nice.
    It’s going to be a lovely day here too I believe. I think I will potter in the garden.
  • Good Morning and hello.

Thank you to Diane once again.

Happy Labor Day to all our USA friends.

Happy Spring to AQ!! - Hope its pleasant and not too hot!

The sun is blazing down here and it's a fund raising day for our local Scouts. They're holding an event in the Town so we'll pop on down to see what's going on.

Everyone enjoy their Sunday!
  • Hello.to all
    Thank you DIANE.
    I had to Google Labor Day :-)
    ANNETTE - I admire you so much as you work hard to control your sciatic pain. Best wishes for the wedding journey and I hope that you'll enjoy the events !
    OG -it sounds as if J is feeling better in himself. That will be a great relief to you and EE. I remember that you had a favourite restaurant years ago - maybe that has changed hands ?
    RUSTY - Don't overdo things ! The post viral syndrome can last for a while...
    HARELADY - Looking after small ones is indeed exhausting ! Rest easy now ( if you can)
    AQ - good to see you here, I was concerned as over the years we get used to members posting patterns..
    LINDY- you've been busy. Glad that your birthday lunch was good but sorry about the after effects.
    Quiet here at home. My middle daughter and granddaughter Amy came here on Friday. We did my food shopping and then they cut my grass in back garden.
  • Good morning – not quite the ultra-sunny day we expected, but not bad.

PAT/CLARE – I have never been to Hickstead – not really a horsey person – but did once see Harvey Smith jumping live at a county show somewhere – must have been before he was at the height of his fame!

DIANE – thanks for the new week – I hope it will be a better one for you.

ANNETTE – cheery artwork graphic from you was a big surprise! Have a good day.

HEATHER – pleased you had a family visit and had the lawn cut for you. Take care! I’ve lost track of who is doing what – is Amy at university now?

J has gone to church – he is reading one of his favourite Bible passages (given to him by his late Godmother) and explaining what it means to him. We have not gone to church today, intending to get more gardening tidied – hoping the sun will come through brighter this afternoon as I did enjoy time outside yesterday.
  • Thanks for starting the week Diane.

My friends tandem sky dive has been cancelled because of the very strong wind. Not sure what will happen next.