Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 August 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!!!

The moon turns full Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the US and UK. This is a special moon. It's called a Blue moon, because it's the second full moon in a single month. It's also called a Supermoon, because it's so close to Earth's orbit. This will be the closest moon of the year. I'd insert a link with more info, but seems like that's not accepted now. 

Everyone have a good week!

• Evening all:

OG: Nice to hear about you and EE pootling around in the garden. Enjoy your day out tomorrow (today!).

Clare: You probably saved us (well me anyway) several pages of confusion and mystification by spotting a potentially problematic poster (try saying that quickly 10 times!) . We are so lucky to have such a nice group on here.

Heather: Do hope your aches and pains can be vanquished post haste!

Went to bed very early last night then woke up 1.5 hours later and tossed and turned for another 2 hours. Very exasperating.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
  • Unknown said:
    You probably saved us (well me anyway) several pages of confusion and mystification by spotting a potentially problematic poster

Yeah, but I did it in my customary subtle fashion ...... you know, brick through a glass window style.

Unknown said:
    We are so lucky to have such a nice group on here.

Aren't we just.  I'm pretty sure this thread is just coming up to its 14th anniversary.  (EDIT:  Annette, you started the first Weekly Chat thread on September 1st, 2009!)

Unknown said:
    Went to bed very early last night then woke up 1.5 hours later and tossed and turned for another 2 hours. Very exasperating.

Ouch.  My sympathy, Annette.  I've been getting a lot of that lately.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Sorry, ANNETTE, I slept really well last night after a few bad ones - I hope you are getting lots of comfy zzzzzs now while we are enjoying brilliant sunshine! I woke up full of energy ready for going out, but had to come in the study to check on a tracked parcel - looks like it thankfully won't arrive while we are out.

14 years of friendship on this thread - and good to see old friends occasionally dropping in too!
  • Good Grief!! --- --- 2009......

Tearing of hair out here, as been trying to post for about 3 hours on my mobile but am now on the Desktop. Had enough frustrating problems in Wales, where the WiFi was problematic, to say the least. Mostly because some selfish people were streaming stuff which is now allowed, as we have to share the signal. Grrr..

Am daily thankful for our friendship on here. You are all tremendous and lovely!
  • Now have to leave you to do some other important stuff which I came on here for, so will try to get back again, later.
  • Lindybird said:
    Good Grief!! --- --- 2009......

Yup!  That's a hell of a lot of friendly chat to be looking back on.  Am I right in thinking you've been a poster on here right from the start?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Yes, Clare -- I got my desktop computer in 2008 and began following ospreys only three months later. Then I posted on the Comments section of the RSPB Osprey page, which was discarded eventually because we all took up too much of everyone's time when they wanted to comment on the birds! (quite right, too). Then the Site reconfigured things so there was room for all.

I'm sure I remember Annette being on there, and Heather, and possibly OG & EE!! Sorry if I've missed anyone out, my memory is not great these days.

Off to the hairdressers to be made respectable!

• On a sombre note, have just seen on BBC1 the 'catastrophic storm' imminently due in S Florida with mass evacuations! Do hope folk can stay safe!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I was on this site fairly early on as I remember I apologised for my non attendance when I broke my leg and was a no show as I was in hospital for 10 days. I broke my leg in October 2010.