Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 August 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!!!

The moon turns full Wednesday night/Thursday morning in the US and UK. This is a special moon. It's called a Blue moon, because it's the second full moon in a single month. It's also called a Supermoon, because it's so close to Earth's orbit. This will be the closest moon of the year. I'd insert a link with more info, but seems like that's not accepted now. 

Everyone have a good week!

• Thank you Diane for the new week.  The special moon has already received some advance publicity here.

Meanwhile, I don't remember seeing Donald in this famous movie, but it's perfect casting....    I wish the Hollywood writers' strike wasn't still on; I'd love to see some of the captions they'd come up with for the mug shot.   I did love the description on his booking record of this hair being 'strawberry blonde'.   (Skin color:   Burnt orange?)

• Good morning. I find it a horrifying situation that he could get back in again. To say the least, the much vaunted thing of the US being 'the leader of the free world' will be over. I wonder if we'll see the kind of exodus of people that Russia experienced? As bad as our government is I would not be a woman in the US for any money.  Especially one of child-bearing age.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Re posting LINKS

'InstaRobbo' kindly answered my post elswhere, and says leave off the www.

apparently delete hhttps and www. It should then post to forum....

Hope it helps, or try copy and paste ,from what will be shown in LINK BLOCKED, into google Doh!!!

Thanks Diane for starting new week

• Thank you Diane for starting us off. I will certainly look out for the new moon.
    It looks as if it has rained here overnight. I am hoping to cut the grass later (yet again) it is growing so fast just now.
    Annette - a very appropriate cartoon!!!!!! I would chuckle if (as Clare says) it wasn’t so serious.

• It's a great concern that so many people think those who are blatant liars and criminals should be considered to be suitable to lead an enormous part of our world, with access to weapons that could wipe out whole nations. What is our beautiful world coming to ...
  • Pat O said:
    It's a great concern that so many people think those who are blatant liars and criminals should be considered to be suitable to lead an enormous part of our world, with access to weapons that could wipe out whole nations. What is our beautiful world coming to ...

The world has already lived with that situation in Russia for many years.  It's a big shock, though, to potentially see the US joining them.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Well, the grass cutting has had to be postponed. What a shame (lol) So I thought I would continue with Day 4 of my holiday.

Our jolly and very competent driver had told us that she was going to take us to a silver beach with turquoise sea and we could all go paddling!!! We did!!!!! Hadn’t done that for ages. It was great fun. Sadly, it was slightly overcast but you could still see the colours.

Also, the flowers (is it called the machair”) surrounding the beach (and everywhere actually) were wonderful.

After our paddle we repaired to a pub for a wee dram ( Not me, I had a cup of tea!!!!) It was the AM Politician named after the ship which sank nearby and gave rise to the story of the film “Whiskey Galore”. They even had a bottle of whiskey on display taken from the ship!!!

• Great, Rusty!! You really did have a good time.

Diane, thanks for beginning the thread. I'll look out for the moon!  Edit:  I hope things are a bit cooler for you now.

Clare - Everyone I know seems to be saying that we're Going To H**l In a Handcart! I try to comfort myself by remembering that my parents often said the same thing over 60 years ago.

Annette - Love, love the picture!! Wish we had a "love it" sticker we could use on posts!

• View from my seat in the Heritage Centre the other day.

I'm posting while I can, as the WiFi here is so unreliable at the moment.

• A monument which I'm sure I've pictured on here before. Carefully carved wood.