Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, serene week. The New Moon is Monday in US/UK.

I fervently hope that the NHS will ease LIMPY's suffering immediately. I am so sorry for him and CLARE.

Love to all.

• Clare - waiting is probably for the best. I remember some time ago my sister having a bad infection and the dentist saying it wasn’t a good thing to extract it then as, somehow, it might make the infection spread.
  • Clare - Great news that Limpy is finally getting some decent sleep. Hope the abs continue to work.

Rusty - What great friends up have. Hope its not too long till the mower is back again. Enjoy your tapas!

Diane, No worries, as they say: my health has got really boring lately & I'm just jogging along now (not literally!). The knees both ache but its no problem. Sorry you had such a rotten time without power-- I know its something you have to face occasionally but it must be such a nuisance, to say the least.

AQ - Sounds as if your OH is sort of giving up on things. Hard on you, trying to keep things together. If I need my OH to do something, it now takes at least 3 asks before he remembers to do it, but I think its because he's a one track person & can't think about more than the thing in hand at the time. He spent yesterday making jam in the kitchen, out of the lovely blackcurrants & raspberries we have. I stayed well out of the way! But mustn't grumble, he did clear up afterwards and left everything tidy.

Its raining  here again, and not too warm. We seem to have escaped the intense heat which is causing such problems in the rest of Europe. Poor souls. There will be lives lost.

• AQ -- News this morning is that the coming Commonwealth Games is causing problems there. Not surprised, as its so expensive now to put on these events. Wonder what will happen.

• Tapas report!
    Excellent. I had potatoes tossed in garlic and Parmesan, garlic mushrooms and spicy meatballs. My friends enjoyed their choices too. They didn’t think it was a suitable place for their group as the group is more traditional and likes 3 courses where they can pause and chat between each one. They said they would take their family there though!!!
    What was amazing was that for a place just on the Wirral on a Tuesday lunchtime it was full!!! A lot of “ladies who lunch” it has to be said!!!! My friends said that été was a group of business men behind me.
  • I felt hungry after reading about your tapas, RUSTY ! I'm glad it was so good ...
  • Annette - yes they have done scans, especiall his heart as he had a valve replaced about 8 years ago and they thought that was the source. The infection also affected one of his eyes and he has 2 operations to remove debris from his eye. it is a real mystery.

• HARELADY Very worrying for you. I do hope they manage to solve the mystery soon.
  • CLARE – I remember my dentist not extracting my tooth while still infected, so I hope LIMPY can “hang on” until ABs clear up infection.

Leading our news is the Comm Games cancellation. The athletes village would have provided “affordable housing” afterwards. But there is limited money, limited supplies, limited builders.

Our news has been showing scenes of northern hemisphere heatwaves. Hardly anyone UpOver is wearing a hat! Baseball caps are not much use. Try the Aussie summer campaign – Slip Slap Slop Seek & Slide. ie Slip on a shirt, Slop on sunscreen, Slap on a hat, Seek shade & Slide on sunglasses.

• I went for my dental check up yesterday. As she started, my private dentist told me they had at last managed to get another dentist for both private and NHS work. Would I like to register with her? The only draw back was that the check ups would only be every 12 months and she didn't see a problem with that as my dental health is good. So I am now back with an NHS dentist. I just hope that she doesn't do what many others have and move on in a years time!!!
  • dibnlib said:
    I went for my dental check up yesterday. As she started, my private dentist told me they had at last managed to get another dentist for both private and NHS work. Would I like to register with her? The only draw back was that the check ups would only be every 12 months and she didn't see a problem with that as my dental health is good. So I am now back with an NHS dentist. I just hope that she doesn't do what many others have and move on in a years time!!!

Fantastic news!  Enjoy her while she lasts ....... and I hope it's long term.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.