Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, serene week. The New Moon is Monday in US/UK.

I fervently hope that the NHS will ease LIMPY's suffering immediately. I am so sorry for him and CLARE.

Love to all.

• Unknown said:
    Limpy: OMGx2. Dare I ask about private providers?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

No.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Annette - Yes, I agree. That's what I was taught as well. I did have to smile at Djokovic's sons looking bored out of their poor little minds with the long rallies! They showed it - and I'm sure many of the crowd felt the same but were able to keep their emotions in check. These days you see so little finesse on tennis courts - it's just whoever can hit hardest and manage to keep the ball in the court!
  • Pat. We just got into the clubhouse in time to see the events on the final green in North Berwick. A big cheer went up when Rory sank the putt. Re my golf partner - I don’t mind chatting on the way round but this lady continues the conversation when you are teeing up or standing over your next shot. You then have to wait for her to finish by which time your concentration has gone!!!
  • Oh yes, Rusty. I quite agree. I don't mind chatting between shots - it's when you're just lining up your next shot and the chat continues ... that's when the 'look' comes in!!

I think we might be in for a fifth set ,,,
  • Oh my. Just back from quick walk to find we have a new Wimbledon men's champion. What a run Novak has had - and such a gracious concession speech.
  • Blimey, Alcaraz won? That was quite a comeback after the first set!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird said:
    She rang them & said "Do you not speak to one another?!"

We both know that after years of experience they certainly do not.

I once temped at the Colchester General hospital.  I can't comment on the medical side but the admin was a nightmare.  If I'd been in charge I'd have sacked the lot and started from scratch.  It couldn't have got any worse.

• Unknown said:
    New York Times online headline today: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?

The current government obviously doesn't want to.

• As much as I worry about the state of things here, I really worry about the US.  Death threats to a weather man?

• People who smash their racquets should continue the match with it.