Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, serene week. The New Moon is Monday in US/UK.

I fervently hope that the NHS will ease LIMPY's suffering immediately. I am so sorry for him and CLARE.

Love to all.

• LIMPY: I so hope the dentist will ease your pain and fully address the cause. Thinking of you today.

• I now have antibiotics for the infection and the dentist tried to pull out the tooth but couldn't get the roots out. I will need to find another dentist to do that. The pain is even worse now though Clare thinks it'll be better when the antibiotics start to work.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Clare: Hurray! (At last!) 

EDIT:  Limpy:  OMG.  Are 'they' going to organize an appointment for the extraction?  Surely you guys don't have to hang on the phone for hours......

Lindybird: The NHS problem sounds like our immigration policy. Tweak, tweak, tweak through successive administrations rather than coming together to find something that might possibly work. No hope for any good faith solution in anything at all with the current polarized state of affairs. (I read that the tories are expect to suffer major defeat in the next election.)

AQ: My OH keeps losing his hearing aids (or at least one of them). You'd think with all the technology they'd be able to include a tiny tracking device a la Apple Air Tags. Interesting comment about tennis champions throwing themselves on the floor; wonder who started that 'tradition.'

Am watching Wimbledon.....

• Unknown said:
    Are 'they' going to organize an appointment for the extraction?

No.  We have to find a dentist ourselves and Clare has been trying to do that all week.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• LIMPY - I do hope that the AB s will sort out the abscess quickly and that you will find a dentist to pull that tooth.
  • Limpy - it will take the antibiotics a while to kick in but I do hope they do the trick. It will then give you a bit more time to find a dentist to do the extraction. Didn’t the one in Bury St Edmonds offer to make you an appointment? It’s a terrible state of affairs.
    My awful round of golf pales into insignificance compared with a toothache. I blame the wind and the fact that the lady I was playing with talked at inappropriate moments. I know she does that but I felt I should play with her at least once this year and today was the day. Mind you, as I always tell myself, I am out there playing and can walk the course and play lots of shots. I am very grateful for that.
  • Limpy: OMGx2. Dare I ask about private providers?

Rusty: I assume you've 'suggested' your chatty friend put a sock in it? :-)
  • New York Times online headline today: A National Treasure, Tarnished: Can Britain Fix Its Health Service?
  • Limpy - I do hope the ABs kick in really quickly, and that you can find a dentist to remove the roots of the tooth soon. A horrible situation for you.

Rusty - I developed a 'look' which I used quite sparingly when anyone talked at the wrong moment on the golf course. I was known for it ... and it did work. An apology was usually forthcoming. Lack of thought on the part of fellow players. Hope you managed to catch that final putt in Scotland. Well done, Rory!

Watching the men's finals from Wimbledon. Gosh, I'm exhausted! But feeling a little better as I leapt up and got my strawberries and ice cream at the end of the second set. Well, Wimbledon and strawberries go together, don't they!

Annette: I don't often agree with the NYT, but this time I do. It's very sad.
  • PatO: When I was learning tennis, we were taught to vary our game; to learn to play at the baseline and at the net, but it seems like so many matches these days are played from the baseline with participants slugging the ball back and forth to each other. I saw both women in the final's varying their approaches, but with the men....... I know it's windy there today, but it seems to be a general pattern over the last decade..