Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Love to all.

• Major rant alert!

Broadband has been off since middle of Sunday night! Got it back now. Will tell the whole story later if I get around to it!

Windows completed Wednesday afternoon - excellent! Cleaning up continues today - study last so don't want to sit in here too long!
  • How frustrating for you. Glad to see you here now, and please rant away.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all:

OG: Very frustrating: I've just been through the same rubbish: My printer decided to ignore my laptop over the weekend (I'd had to use a USB since we upgraded the router since wifi simply wouldn't connect). Found out the power connection at the back is kerpooey and it'd sort of turn on as long as I held the cable in place, Anyway, bought a replacement printer two days ago; must now find time to get it up and running. Hurray for new windows! :-)

Clare: That's just awful that Limpy is on so many meds with so little effect. When does the poor guy feel good I wonder... Hugs from here.

Worked up a long list of things to do this morning Must get started but pesky landscape contractor is coming by to see what they need to correct, except that I've already corrected most of it. They do have one big tidy-up job that needs some muscle (and skill and attention - but those qualities seem to be in short supply with this bunch).
  • Three cheers for Ons Jabeur. We so want her to be this years Womens Champion.
  • dibnlib - Absolutely :) She's about the only one that doesn't scream throughout the matches. She certainly deserves to win.
  • I will be up at 5:30 a.m. our time tomorrow to watch the Men's Semi-Finals.....
  • Here I am! What day was it/is it again? I seem to be perpetually on catchup nowadays. I've been doing everything in slow motion for a couple of weeks and now I'm trying to get things back to normal (whatever that is).

So sorry to hear about Limpy, Clare. Big hugs to you both...... I do hope he can get relief soon.
  • Saved this little fellow who was trapped in our conservatory window yesterday. Must look him up in my butterfly book.

• Lindy - it’s a comma butterfly. We saw some at the nature reserve on Tuesday.
  • Just looked at BBC UK website and the headline is "Lack of NHS dentists causing distress". The government says it spends more than 3 billion pound a year on dental care. (wonder who gets it!) Story says 9 out of 10 NHS dentists aren't accepting new patients; that some people drive hundreds of miles to see one and some have even resorted to pulling out their own teeth. (That must be the "tie the tooth to the doorknob and slam the door" technique my mother remembers from her childhood in southern Ireland.) Awful. I can't imagine.

Clare: Any luck getting Limpy to a dentist?