Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Love to all.

• Unknown said:
    It's not the actual attending a live performance that's the problem; it's the getting there, which usually means an very frustrating drive through Los Angeles - and the Coachella Festival is another hour beyond that out in the desert.

I know what you mean.  I had to travel to London from Felixstowe, but the late trains only go back as far as Colchester - which meant I caught the train from there.  I even managed to find somewhere free of charge to park the car!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    First concert I ever saw was The Temptations. My first "date." Second concert was Earth, Wind, & Fire.

I would have loved to see either (or both) of those!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird: Oh my, been there; done that with vouchers. :-)

Clare: When my niece took my BiL to the Rod Stewart concert she was a bit dismayed by the very limited number of accessible parking spaces (not sure of that last bit but maybe it was a first-come, first-served thing so pretty chancey) and also that anything else was too far for her Dad to walk. She ended up (don't tell anyone) parking illegally in the lot of some kind of establishment/club that wasn't going to be open that evening. She popped in two days before the event and asked if she could park there and the lady told her 'as long as the manager doesn't come by, you'll be okay.' She was.

Clare/Diane: I have all the Motown stuff on Pandora along with E,W&F and everyone else and their brother (or sister).
  • Pandora? Is that like Spotify?

• Willie Nelson....... ooooh!! How I'd love to see him live!!

I saw The Beach Boys live when a teenager, in Liverpool at the Liverpool Empire. They were, erm ......somewhat worse for wear, & trying not to lean over too far and fall off the stage. We were a little shocked by this, but enjoyed the music just the same.

When I started work in the city, and about 18 years old we went twice to a lunchtime session at The Cavern Club, but of course the Beatles were famous by then and were long left. My brother, much older than me, had seen them before they were famous and always said that "They were no great shakes" !!!

The groups I watched & heard were unmemorable. Everyone at that time wanted to be famous, and every other girl I met claimed that she knew someone who had  once dated Paul McCartney.

• My OH and I travelled to Southport on the coast in the NWest to see his idols The Carpenters. They were excellent, but she looked painfully thin and I think died about 2 years later.

We went about 10 years ago to see Mike & The Mechanics- - stunningly good, and we still talk about it.

I enjoyed Elton John's performance on TV, at Glastonbury. Very good indeed: he is a true musician.
  • RUSTY We do actually live only 6 miles from Inverness airport but for some reason Viking don't use them. We could of course pay for our own flights from Inv but wouldn't get a reduction on the holiday cost. We checked this out and financially we are better of going from Abdn!!
  • Call me a wet blanket but I would not go to a concert if you paid me. Too loud, too much noise, too much screaming. Ghastly. A classical music concert would be nice but not if they are playing modern. Anyway I’d probably doze off. . .

I replenished library book store this morn. Last book I have been reading has been rather dull. Yeay, cycling tonight, more knitting, starting next beanie.

• Lindybird said:
    I saw The Beach Boys live when a teenager, in Liverpool at the Liverpool Empire. They were, erm ......somewhat worse for wear, & trying not to lean over too far and fall off the stage. We were a little shocked by this, but enjoyed the music just the same.

LOL!  That's priceless, Lindy.  The public perception of them always seemed to be squeaky clean so this is a revelation.

Lindybird said:
    My brother, much older than me, had seen them before they were famous and always said that "They were no great shakes" !!!

Did he work for the record label that turned them down????