Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 July 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Love to all.

• One of those acts I was too young to see live ....... they broke up when I was a baby! You lucky thing.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• First concert I ever saw was The Temptations. My first "date." Second concert was Earth, Wind, & Fire. That was the first time I saw people smoking weed in public. In the late 70s and early 80s, I saw Willie Nelson and his band every year, because they always played the Indiana State Fair on my birthday. I still love ol' Willie. I've also seen Joan Baez a couple of times. I adored her. I was always a political folkie. Best concert ever was Arlo Guthrie and John Prine together. Haven't been to a concert in decades.

Glad you enjoyed your concert, Clare.

I'll be back later to do replies and a post.
  • It is a pademelon, not to be confused with a paddy melon.

• AQ: How cute! But having your fur literally stolen off your back by pushy birds and being hunted by feral cats? Oh dear.
  • ANNETTE – Of course I am watching the Tour de France. . . some of it when I don’t fall asleep! Last night I was up until 2 am (our time) to see the finish. Dau watches apps or streaming or something in a more convenient time but I don’t like doing that as it is difficult not to hear the results (Spoilers).

• LINDY Glad you are feeling better

CLARE We love where we live but like you there are drawbacks. We go on holiday soon and have to fly from Aberdeen at 0630 in the morning. This means we have to stay at a hotel both outbound and back home as we don't arrive back in Aberdeen till very late. This adds a lot of expense to an already expensive holiday. c'est la vie!
  • I too am watching the Tour de France AQ. I watch the evening highlights. I was interested yesterday because I have been up the Puy de Dome (not in a bike!!!) and even have a piece of lava from up there!
    Dibnlib, I know what you mean about being rather cut off from public transport. I don’t live too far from Manchester Airport or Liverpool Airport, but many of the holidays my friend and I look at set off from Heathrow or Gatwick or on the Eurostar. That always means at least one night in London plus the cost of travel down there.
    I hope you will enjoy your holiday once you set off.
    It is French this afternoon. I have just been reading the “homework” It is all about recycling our clothes and the pollution they cause both in their manufacture and disposal.
  • LOVE live concerts and stage musicals. I have seen Elton John (THE BEST) Neil Diamond (WONDERFUL) Peter, Paul and Mary several times, Roger Whitaker because I love folk singers and many others. Have seen Phantom of the Opera, We Will Rock You, Les Miserables, Music Man, Lion King, Cats, etc....many more that my memory will not let me access right now. I love music of most kinds and reading. They make life wonderful!!!
  • Morning all:

AQ: Watching live is my preference too because of the spoilers, which is why I'm up at the crack of dawn to watch Wimbledon, especially during the last week - and heaven help anyone who needs my attention! :-)

Rusty: Re clothing, I tend to wear things until they are almost coming apart at the seams. I have a see-through nightie that didn't start off that way and 'backyard-only" shorts (my 'front garden' shorts are more presentable, but I still wouldn't go to the store in them). I'm always looking at labels to see where they're made (but sometimes that's just the darn labels!!)

Clare: It's not the actual attending a live performance that's the problem; it's the getting there, which usually means an very frustrating drive through Los Angeles - and the Coachella Festival is another hour beyond that out in the desert.

dibnlib: I missed where you're going - and when.

bjane:  Do you have a good concert venue near you?

Off to sort out the world....

• Love your enthusiastic description, bjane!!! I agree about music, and also live entertainment. I recently answered a question on FB about "what would be your number one priority to have on a desert island?" and of course I said there had to be some music.

It's been changeable weather here, and my OH and I drove some miles to our largest M&S - there I finally got chance to buy some clothes for little Rosie, our grandchild. I also bought a fetching pair of trousers for myself, for which I had spent some time before leaving the house, making sure I had two vouchers worth money off the total. It wasn't until we were driving home that I realised the vouchers were still in my bag. .....<sigh> Never mind, the trousers look great!!