LOCH GARTEN - JULY 2023

I start this thread with a heavy heart, as Brodie hasn't been seen at all on Friday 30th June. The last fish delivered to the nest was at 21.11 on 28 June, over 48 hours ago. Brodie was last sighted at 09.10 hours on 29 June, over 36 hours ago.

Chick 1 hatched 'early morning' on the 4 June and chick 2 overnight on 6 June. One egg didn't hatch (maybe number 1?). There were lots of intruders during the month of June, including KL5, and last year's male Axel on the weekend of 17/18th.  Brodie has disappeared before for a couple of days, and no fish were delivered over the first weekend after hatching on 10/11th June so maybe we should keep the faith and cross all eyes, toes and fingers that Brodie will come good, recover from whatever keeps him away from his nest and chicks, and deliver a stonking fish first thing on 1 July.

Link to June 2023 thread

• KORKY, the LS skips happen when I report buffering on my screen, which never shows up as buffers.  Anyway, thanks for that report, I won't waste my time looking for the "sprat" in rollback!

Bart molenaar said:
    I've programmed something to save the chat and display it on the observationboard.

How brilliant, BART, and how lucky we are to have you on our side Grinning

I have, on occasion, C&P'd it onto a WordPad doc... but only when I think of it, you all know I can't establish and stick to a routine.  I'm going to investigate your invention pronto Green heart but will have to get a coffee now to stay awake !!!

IMAGICAT

• Yes.. I still use 2022 version..
    I tried to install 2023.. and it didn't work as you said.. then a few days later they updated the version.. and it did work..
    However.. I installed it on the wrong computer (not my download computer) and when I tried to install it there.. I didn't have any installments left :-(
    So still using 2022, but no problems whatsoever I must say.

What I do is put the streams in separate folders (in settings) and use the override tags to separate the files like
    LG_{Y}{M}{D}_{H}{MI}

And LGPTZ_{Y}{M}{D}_{H}{MI} for the zoom cam
  • Bart molenaar said:
    9:22:06. The PTZ was still working

Sod's Law - I had changed the on-screen cam from PTZ to Nest, so's to revivify (word is for KORKY) the SOUND, which the screen recorder picks up and makes it look/sound as tho the PTZ has sound (if wildly out of sync, often).  And I didn't switch the screen back to PTZ quickly enough.

IMAGICAT

• Morning Scylla The Fish was 9 44 am I believe on scroll back
  • Thank you Bart, that is really useful, particularly where it highlights the times of actions. Brilliant!
    The boys are standing quietly on the nest. No sign of Asha or Brodie.
    Two fish are reported in quick succession: 09.22 and 09.45. I haven't checked the cam

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Looks' like sid is about to fledge He's on the rim's outer edge
    Its started raining

EDIT  he's back on the nest

• I hereby warn you all that I've toppled right off my rocker... thru one thing and another!

While I was looking for fish at the time the cams buffered, I landed on this scene - it struck me as a sweet/strange combo:

The 09:22 so-called "sprat" - how dare they?! Rage

Don't ask me how it got holes in it:

The 09:44 wasn't more than a sprat either Frowning2

I thought Sid was off just now... Astonished

IMAGICAT

• Bart molenaar said:
    still using 2022, but no problems whatsoever I must say.

I've been happily using Jaksta since September 2011 and cannot imagine what can have happened in March this year that has sent it so glitchy... but almost the same time, I got network probs too.

What I do is put the streams in separate folders (in settings) and use the override tags to separate the files like
    LG_{Y}{M}{D}_{H}{MI}

And LGPTZ_{Y}{M}{D}_{H}{MI} for the zoom cam

I can't visualise that at all - I am not at all computer literate, I just muddle my way thru - and besides, there are 11 streams coming down at the mo, and I do check thru as many as poss or have them available in case anyone needs something "saved".

IMAGICAT

• Ooh 'eck, the PTZ cam just zoomed in on the nest cam, got me very worried someone might take off while it was there!

IMAGICAT