LOCH GARTEN - JULY 2023

I start this thread with a heavy heart, as Brodie hasn't been seen at all on Friday 30th June. The last fish delivered to the nest was at 21.11 on 28 June, over 48 hours ago. Brodie was last sighted at 09.10 hours on 29 June, over 36 hours ago.

Chick 1 hatched 'early morning' on the 4 June and chick 2 overnight on 6 June. One egg didn't hatch (maybe number 1?). There were lots of intruders during the month of June, including KL5, and last year's male Axel on the weekend of 17/18th.  Brodie has disappeared before for a couple of days, and no fish were delivered over the first weekend after hatching on 10/11th June so maybe we should keep the faith and cross all eyes, toes and fingers that Brodie will come good, recover from whatever keeps him away from his nest and chicks, and deliver a stonking fish first thing on 1 July.

Link to June 2023 thread

• Thanks for fish reports, TREVOR, that's cheered me up.

I need WENDY/SHEILA/KORKY/GLIDER etc to teach me how to do snaps and videos on a tablet, seein' as I won't teach myself Frowning2

• Mistle oop's Mom still eating at 7 35 am with plenty left
  • Scylla I've been waiting for someone to do snaps because l can't do them on here
    So your not alone LoL Hope it's sorted soon ,
  • I am going for coffee now BBS bye
  • Twa fish this morning, 05.13 and 05.53 

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• scylla said:
    I need WENDY/SHEILA/KORKY/GLIDER etc to teach me how to do snaps and videos on a tablet,

Scylla, we're missing you! I have no idea how to do anything on a tablet sorry. I guess your computer is still playing up. Have you tried hurling it across the room?

• Here are a few photos from the nest, taken from scroll back, over the last hour or so. Chicks or should I say, teenagers alone! Having to a grand time preening and wingercising.

Got to get these feathers in good condition ready for the big debut lift off!

First 5 having a good old wing flapping

Then 4 has his turn, 5 looking on in wonder!

Really, do you think you think you are better than me, little bother?

Well I will show you how it is done? Oh crikey, he is a bit better than me, better keep at it!

All done on Tablet. 

©️ LG

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Unknown said:
    scylla said:
    I need WENDY/SHEILA/KORKY/GLIDER etc to teach me how to do snaps and videos on a tablet

Hi Scylla, I use AZ screen recorder for videos on my Samsung tablet, google chrome, download is free, main thing to remember is that it records all sound from yourself & surroundings, used to be able to mute it but now cannot!  Quite simple but does need uploading to youtube for the URL!  If I accidentally pi k up unwanted sounds then have to run through moviemaker to mute before uploading to YT, prolongs the process!!

For snaps I have to press down & hold on/off & volume buttons at same time!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lynn L said:
    All done on Tablet.

Ohhhhhhhhh, CATLADY, it never occurred to me that you were such a dab hand too!  You hide your light under a bushell GrinningGreen heart  I tried a swipe, which used to take a screenshot on my phone, but nothing happened - then I found that my wrist would touch the side of the tablet and another page would spring into view and I couldn't get back to where I was... Me+touch display = farce !!!

scylla said:

Update - engineer due here tomorrow morning.

To my amazement, he arrived - not only "this morning", but bright and early too !!!  And it turned out to be the power transformer connecting the Openreach box, nothing to do with any of my equipment, thank goodness.

I hope PEEWIT's problem was as easily sorted Blush

Am still not fully re-set-up and probably need a nap.

• Scylla, I use my tablet all the time to take photos, either live or from scroll back, then post and add them to the thread. I have only once taken a video recording (for a bird ID) and managed to post it, but I have never done one from the live camera. It seems mad me telling you how to do something, eek, but I will try.

To take photo press the off/on and volume buttons at the same time, ipad it was on/off and home button, I think?
    You can do this live and click away, or pause live and click
    They will now be in your tablet storage file
    Post as you would normally by going into use rich formatting
    In the box type text and return before adding the photo
    Click insert, insert image/video, file, browse
    Pick your photo from your filed, and add, should now be in the box
    I always change the boxes to 500, gives a good size photo
    Click okay, if happy okay again, all should now be in the post.

When you do this automatically, you don't think how about you do it but typing how you do, I had to think, will edit if I have given you any incorrect information.

Please forgive me if I have told you most of what you will already know about the posting side of things. I have not posted on my laptop/computer and had to pick photos from files on there, so it may be different.

Goodly luck CL x

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.