GLASLYN - June 2023 to end of season

Link to Glaslyn - May 2023

The liaison of Aran with a new female, Elen, taking over from much-mourned MrsG, has been almost seamless.

They have laid 2 eggs, the first of which hatched @ 01:38 on 31 May.  It's been fairly subdued so far, but here were a lively few moments:

IMAGICAT

• Lovely little capture of 0H1 on his way to the nest Scylla. It's certainly flounder season and has been for weeks !!!!  same at Dyfi  .

Excellent capture of 0H2 

We've got to relish the  captures now  - so many juvies already on their way south

• 26 August

As per title - 3 fish for 0H2 (one of them a big flounder) but only 1 for 0H1:

Only Aran seen well enough to ID, but there were several scenes of ospreys in the trees shielded by foliage.

IMAGICAT

• Whoa ........ and there's me been thinking 0H2 has been getting a raw deal. Thank you Scylla

• 27 August

Who? at about 06:05:

0H2 got a flounder:

And later, so did 0H1:

Headless not-flounder that 0H2 flew off with almost in a glitch:

Later, 0H1 got a very spotty live fish, but very difficult to capture it:

Not too long afterwards - 0H1 got another flounder, and 0H2 was there waiting too - what happened to the spotty fish?

And there was a strange delay before either juve tried to claim the fish - I checked Chat but couldn't see a reason - mind you, it was full of distracting non-osprey chitchat, grrr, says this curmudgeon.

IMAGICAT

• Thank you Scylla - good videos, super captures. Loved the di mond ie frame

Incidentally, some flounders are spotty although I can't  say that   this one was a flounder,  couldn't  see its shape  properly. Spots are on the dark skin side  - which  is the thicker fillet. Many are brown . These spots seem very black. -  is anyone else able to help?

• 28 August

Early, on the side perch - only just managed to get the ring number:

0H1 got it, no competition:

He took it out here to eat:

0H2 got half a garfish (?) from Aran:

Heather did a zoom on the tail:

0H2 receives flounder from Aran:

0H1 receives flounder from Aran:

There were several scenes of Ospreys behind oak leaves with fishes, but they will have to go unseen Stuck out tongue winking eye

IMAGICAT

• Very well caught and thank you Scylla. So glad 0H2 got  a flounder after that garfish !!!

• 29 August

I've left it till I'm too tired and hungry to do it justice, am just going to roughly snap the basics.

Earlyish morning, both juvie here:

0H2 got it:

Well that resolution went out of the window when I realised that (1) Aran brought a super Mullet(?) and (2) poor 0H1 didn't get anything whatsoever to eat all day!  So here's the rough video:

Belatedly I checked with Chat - and it's quite right, 0H1 did not get a fish.

IMAGICAT

• An exemplary effort Scylla - thank you

0H2 on the  right side of Aran's talon with fishie

• I completely forgot to check thru Glaslyn today, I mean yesterday of course.  It's too late for me now, I wonder if a link to BART's YT CHATS will post?

EDIT

That works !!!

IMAGICAT