WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, May 14 2023

Diane:  Well, I'm here.  Let's see if the site cooperates...

• Good Lord. Now I can say Where is Everybody? :-))
  • I'm here, Annette! Been gardening again, after a morning out shopping. (Bought compost & plants etc)

It's dry here & so have to take the opportunity to get something done outside. Also spent time on the phone to relatives, and swore swearywords at some person who wanted to "renew my TV insurance" or some such rubbish. Grrr.
  • I am here now. I have been to Chester to meet a friend. Lovely down by the river there.
    The BT phone saga has moved on slightly in that I am promised a visit from an engineer in the morning. This has come about because I rang Complaints. Miraculously someone answered the phone and I was able to speak to a person with a northern accent who told me she was in Warrington. (For those who don’t know Warrington - it is in Cheshire - maybe 40 miles from here ) and I felt comfortable because I have a northern accent too!!!!!
    Lindy - well done with all this gardening. It will look lovely I am sure.
    I am off to catch up with all the ospreys now.

• Trying in vain to post a pic, but the Site won't do it. Even wondering if this message will post!!!
  • Chilly day. No rain but bulb patch soil is sticky and full of green weeds smothering the emerging bulbs. OH joined me this morn and I was able to direct him away from my chives. I have variety of garlic chive that looks (to him) like grass. Lazy tea planned - chicken (already cooked) with a jar of "sauce". It was meant to be Butter Chicken but due to memory failure it will be Sweet & Sour Chicken. Oh well, still will have rice with it.
  • Hope you enjoyed your chicken dinner anyway, AQ . I'm often surprised to find things in our fridge which I had forgotten were there. Other times, we run out of tomatoes because I plain forgot to buy any!

Little Rosie our granddaughter has had her plaster cast removed, & gone back to nursery school. She said her leg felt cold without it!
  • At last, the Site is letting me post. My first poppy this year has opened.

• Oh Lindy - how cheerful. I will go and look if my big poppy (I only have one) has a bud.

In the meantime, here are my Welsh poppies which are very cheerful just now. I have no idea why some come yellow and some orange!! 

Glad Rosy has had her plaster off.

The BT man was here at 8.45!!! He did tests in the house, had to ring a colleague because he was baffled, and then went off to the exchange. An hour later he rang and his number appeared on my caller display. He said it was a small fault at the exchange and that it is now fixed. We will see.

I am doing housework today. My favourite thing - not!!!!

• Good trip yesterday – even managed a brief call in for M&S food which had been missing last time we went there – OH ran in while I stayed in the vehicle. Had a really tasty coronation chicken sandwich on brown for lunch at Dobbies - with salad. Found the plants etc we wanted as well as the meat etc across the road. Were home before J who had gone to Caledonia Park on the bus for lunch and a browse– he is at work today. Chased my spring booster and was offered this afternoon – so yes, accepted.

ANNETTE – went traditional for hanging baskets with Lobelia and Verbena.

LINDA – sorry to hear Rosie had to have her leg in plaster – I had missed that bit of news! I hope she makes a full recovery. Always feel like summer is coming when you post your first Poppy of the year!