Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 May 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK! Today was an historic day in the UK.

I've been listening to the House Wrens singing their joyful songs as they build their nests. They have improved my mood and outlook, and it finally feels like spring here!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Morning all:

AQ:  Our OHs are peas from the same pod in terms of rejecting any helpful aids that could possibly mark them as 'old' . Sigh. On the other hand, mine has joined a balance class at the local Y and goes regularly (only because I remind him).  

Lindybird: Very frustrating for your OH!  I would have shouted rude words as I tossed the book. Wonder what happened with those missing chapters....  

Rusty:  What a shame about your friend's new chair - they do make comfy electric chairs that offer great support in addition to helping you stand up.  Is the new one provided by the facility? She's very lucky to have you as tech support - and friend.  Meanwhile, let us know if the bluebells are still out.

I'm going to City Hall today to find out if we can put trees along our parkway.  I sent photos with measurements from Stop sign and water meter last Monday; made three follow up phone calls asking for update - but nothing.  And now the landscape guy isn't free until June.  :-(

• Thunder and lightning have been crashing around for the past hour or so, and also very heavy rain. Ho hum ... we have the 600th anniversary of our founder tomorrow - lots of celebrations, and people being bussed in from all over the place. Hoping the weather gods will please leave us alone - or even smile on us! Not sure any of our beautiful bluebells will have survived the battering. I am supposed to be showing visitors around our fantastic grounds. There may not be a lot to show them ... just hope the ducks come out to say hello! When I came back from the car park earlier there was a large tent going up - hope they've got it all tied down and guy ropes firmly attached - or whatever the modern equivalent is!
  • Back from my walk. We had 3 torrential thundery showers whilst in the woods. Not ideal but nowhere to go except to more trees so we carried on. Between the showers it was lovely and sunny. We all commented on the beautiful fresh green colour of the new leaves. It was a lovely walk and we finished it off with tea and scones in a nearby cafe. There were 18 of us in the downpours! Mad or what???

Bluebells

Wild garlic

• RUSTY Not mad I assure you. Lovely pics, thank you. Out for our walk in the woods this morning OH and I were also commenting on their beauty. No bluebells here yet but won't be long
  • PAT O Sorry, can't remember where you live.
  • dibnlib - West Sussex. About 20 miles north of Brighton.

Rusty - Lovely photographs. We have lots of bluebells here - or did have, until they got battered by the exceptionally heavy rain a couple of hours ago. And we have wild garlic, which smells wonderful - but not in such quantities as your picture.
  • Good Morning. Dry and not too warm, but hoping things will brighten up.

I hope that OG and EE have had some success in sorting out their pc problems, and they are both faring well.
  • Please note: There is an official RSPB survey on this thread, asking about our use and thoughts on the Community pages. I've filled it in.
  • I had seen the survey Lindy so, when you said you had done it, I did it too. It’s not difficult is it?
    I am having a quiet day today as I am off to Anglesey for 2 days tomorrow with my sister and brother in law. It’s my present to my sister for her “big birthday” last March. We have only ever given each other small gifts (books, CDs for example) but, I thought a little jaunt together would be nice. We may just happen to go to South Stack so that I can see the sea birds nesting on the cliffs - lol!!!!!