LJ2 returned 31 March 2023

LM6 returned 4 April 2023

Egg No. 1 laid 20 April 

Egg No. 2 laid 23 April

Egg No. 3 laid 26 April

First hatch date due around 27 May

Link to March/April 2023

• Unknown said:
    Scylla the image from the PZT camera is the one which the Brenig project used for their FB Post.

Thanks for that AG

This is the Brenig Osprey Project FB post.

• On looking at the video again with LM6 on the nest, I’m wondering if that’s LJ2 on the perch. Isn’t the blue band on the left leg? The markings look very much like his too.

• Earlier this morning around 09.32 LJ2 came to the nest. LM6 was asking for fish but LJ2 just wanted to sit on the eggs.

LM6 left and LJ2 took over incubation

It was a very long sitting for LJ2. He was on the nest until 12.07. He was a bit fidgety and got up quite a few times to peck at something or change position. At 12.07, he stood up and left, flying to one of the posts. It so happened, LM6 was on the next post as marked.

After LJ2 arrived, LM6 left her post and came to the nest carrying the tail end of a fish.

LJ2 has been on the nest since 09.32. Scrolling back, I have seen no fish handover but I did see LM6 flying from over the water to the post at 10.52. Has she caught her own fish? LM6 watched her flying in.

LM6 finished off the tail end on the nest before resuming incubation.

• 20.06 Nice sized headless fish delivery for LM6.

Off she goes for her supper.

• 21.42 LJ2 makes contact calls

LM6 flies onto the nest, fish all eaten. LJ2 leaves straight away.

LM6 settled down for the night.

• 21.49 LJ2 still on the preening perch having his last preen of the day.

• Wednesday 17th May 2023

Good morning Grinning LM6 had a peaceful night, nice dry weather. She left for her comfort break just before 04.00, returning quickly.

Day cam came on at 04.36 

LJ2 came to the nest at 04.45 and LM6 flew off to the right out of view. She then swung back to flush out a Corvid and landed on the top of the tree with the corvid going to a lower branch.

She stayed there for just under 2 minutes before flying off to the preening perch.

06.42 She is still currently there. 

and LJ2 is fiddling with a piece of bark on the nest.

• Rich Formatting down again. I waited a few hours but it hasn’t returned yet.

It’s been a quiet day on the nest. Both birds have shared incubation. LM6 has had lots of preening and as the day has gone on, she has been calling for fish. She is currently on the nest at present. 18.45.

RF back! She snaps from today

LM6 back from her early morning preen to take over incubation.

LJ2 wanting to sit on the eggs now

LJ2 on the perch

Then LM6 on the perch

LJ2 on a small post

Close up of LM6

• 19.38 fish delivery

LM6 trods over the eggs as she pulls the fish back

• 20.42 LM6 returns to the nest with the tail end of the fish.

LJ2 takes it

LJ2 leaves with his supper, LM6 goes to settle on the eggs.