Recap:-

LJ2 returned 31 March 2023

LM6 returned 4 April 2023

Egg No. 1 laid 20 April 

Egg No. 2 laid 23 April

Egg No. 3 laid 26 April

First hatch date due around 27 May

Link to March/April 2023

• 17.05 LJ2 arrived with a half fish for LM6. (Photos edited in)

17.28 LM6 flew to the perch at the nest empty taloned. She then flew onto the nest and persuaded AlJ2 to let her back onto the eggs.

20,57 LM6 flew to the preening perch. 21.12 She is still currently there. LJ2 is on the nest.

• Can’t even edit my post! It is of course LJ2 who is the male on this nest (not AIJ2!!)
  • I hope the RF starts to work for you again, Glider, three times it happened to me.
  • Sandra P said:
    I hope the RF starts to work for you again, Glider, three times it happened to me.

Yes me too Sandra! 3 times? It’s very temperamental isn’t it! 

I’m starting to see a pattern for me. It seems to be on during the early part of the day until later in the afternoon. It’s then not working until bedtime and then I’m too tired to do anything about it!

We’ll see how today goes!

• Today’s news - Tuesday 16th May 2024.

LM6 was on the nest all night apart from the one comfort break at 04.30

She flew back to the perch before returning to the nest.

Day cam came on shortly after at 04.40

• 04.47 LM6 started calling as LJ2 approached the nest.

LM6 on the preening perch just before she returned to the nest.

LJ2 was making soft contact calls, LM6 could be heard replying. She then flew below and past the nest before arriving at 05.26 with soft contact calls.

They swapped over and LJ2 swooped down off the nest flying to a tree nearby. A noisy flock of geese could be heard passing.

• 08.27 LJ2 joined LM6 on the nest. Within a minute he was intruder chipping.

The intruder must’ve flown over the nest as LJ2’s eyes followed it.

It was then seen in the distance briefly flying within camera shot (magnified)

A couple of minutes later, still chipping, LJ2 decided to fly off to chase the intruder.

LM6 started intruder chipping for a few seconds then went quiet. Within a few minutes she was preening.

• AG posted in Poole thread:

Unknown said:
    372, the 2021 female translocated to Poole, who visited Clywedog on 28 April and Poole on 4 May has today been photographed on the perch at Llyn Brenig.

I have no idea which clip should come first, or even if this is the intruder referred to (it doesn't look very female on the PTZ perch at least)...  If it's judged toooo inaccurate, I'll take it down.

GLIDER - I posted some Trout for you in Glaslyn Stuck out tongue winking eye

IMAGICAT

• Scylla the image from the PZT camera is the one which the Brenig project used for their FB Post.
  • Thanks for that Scylla, great capture. I see what you mean about her identity - she doesn’t seem to have a brown necklace?

Thanks for the Glaslyn brown trout! Stuck out tongue winking eye