News from Other Nests - 2023

.News from Other Nests 2022

First, a fantastic resource for international cams given to us by LISA K last year:

Nature Chat

Last season we included Tweed Valley (cam not yet up), Alyth and others that I can't bring to mind right now.  Let's see how this season goes before deciding which cams may now require their own thread.

IMAGICAT

• The unringed bird who visited Alyth this morning never returned to the nest so it is unlikely that it was the resident male.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Pray

• Tweed Valley reported a returning Osprey to one of their nests this morning.

www.facebook.com/tweedvalleyospreyproject

(You’ve to scroll down a wee bit to see the photo and comments!)

• Glider said:
    The unringed bird who visited Alyth this morning never returned to the nest so it is unlikely that it was the resident male.

It was a female, and funnily enough she got 2 birds either buzzing her or chasing each other - a gull and corvid? - and I got confused because the Border blog you pointed to said their bird was "buzzed by the local Jackdaws", what a coincidence.  (Lovely pictures on that blog, BTW.)

Then in the afternoon I saw a small stick jump in the middle of the nest - took a-g-e-s to narrow it down to a blue-ringed female, on the nest for a couple of seconds only!

I know the ring number is illegible, but if anyone knows the bird they might be able to say "yes, that number could be hers" ???

If you're too mean to watch my vids, here's the ring snap Stuck out tongue winking eye

There have been outages on this cam today - nothing to do with my probs, as other streams were unaffected.

IMAGICAT

• Glider said:

Tweed Valley reported a returning Osprey to one of their nests this morning.

www.facebook.com/tweedvalleyospreyproject

(You’ve to scroll down a wee bit to see the photo and comments!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Glider! Pic and comment from the Fb post (I've blanked out the name of the person who asked if the Osprey had been identified)

• Glider said:
    Tweed Valley reported a returning Osprey to one of their nests this morning.

Thank you, GLIDER - all heads-upses are much appreciated!  I was excited to see this (Poul Brix is someone who had asked a question, the info is from TV admin):

IMAGICAT

• Poul Bix is road manager and cameraman for the Flight of the Osprey expedition tracking Tweed Osprey's Glen. He took those close-up photos on ringing day of the three Tweed brothers last year, of whom only Glen survives.

Poul, Sacha and team are currently in Guinea about to start the return trip back to Scotland, they're hoping to sight Glen in Morocco.

• Great news from Esthwaite Water
    "Reunited! Female returned yesterday evening and 7A joined her this morning. Happy Days. Jim"
  • Thank you Scylla for the Alyth videos of the 2 females who visited yesterday. Another blue ringed bird dropped by this morning for under a minute.

• Thank you Sandra for adding the photo and message to the Tweed Valley Facebook link. BlushThumbsup
  • Tweed Valley - It’s interesting to know about Poul Bix Geemeff thanks. Those ringing photos are one of my favourites. I’m still clinging to hope that Kirk is still around somewhere.Pray Heart