WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MARCH 5 2023

Hallo all.   Hope Diane and bjane haven't been swept away.   I've been busy in the garden the last couple of days; got tired of waiting for my knight in shining armor to show up with his landscaping truck - got a lot of tidy up done.

Hope everyone has a good week.  

• RUSTY - I hope that the tulips will survive -
    LINDY - my one and only camellia isn't looking happy, maybe it was over pruned last year. Is yours surviving the cold?
  • Rusty - That looks like a lot of snow. More than we had yesterday, which has now completely disappeared - apart from one shrinking heap where someone had built a snowman! It's been raining most of the morning and is getting a lot milder. But miserable weather. Can someone tell me where Spring has gone, please? This time last week it was beautifully sunny, although bitterly cold, for my birthday. This week is very different.
  • Happy belated birthday, Pat!!!

If you are looking for spring, you won't find it on my patch. It has turned cold again here. Those early warm days were what we call Fools' Spring. The newly arriving migratory birds all look glum.

Hello to everyone.
  • Good Lord.  Hope things settle down for everyone, regardless of their climate.  We're expecting yet more rain tonight, tomorrow and again next week. Both storms are coming from the southwest which means no snow in the mountains here or behind LA, but warm rain that will likely melt some snow and cause serious flooding in the LA mountains where people have been stranded in their homes behind two-story snowdrifts for more than a week.

PatO:  Belated bday greetings!

Rusty:  The jigsaw of Van Gogh's Irises looked simple, but was a walk in the park compared to Starry Night.  

• Heather -- The camellia is fine at the moment, as we've not had temps below minus 1. But if it gets the frost, it will go brown. One year it was a sad sight, when it had been a sunny couple of weeks, followed by frost! It's been planted in a sheltered spot, against a fence and low down -- our house is kind of raised as it's been built on a slope which was cut down to two levels. This has proved to be a boon as it shelters plants from the wind, and whilst in the house we look out over the garden and the hedge at the bottom, towards the fields. People who visit us come into our conservatory and 99% of them say "Wow!!" when they see our view. One reason why we live here.

It's been an odd day for weather -- we had a smattering of snow at first which didn't stick to the ground, followed by a heavier fall which made all white but then that disappeared over lunchtime. Now, after a quieter afternoon, it's snowing again.
  • Annette, sorry but I was too busy this morning to look at your link, and now it won't work. Never mind. Sorry you're only getting more and more rain.

Diane, I have a great vision of those glum birds!! :-))
  • I came here for vacation
    But now I'm not sure:
    Since I arrived, I've had to endure
    The worst kind of weather,
    With strong winds and storms
    It's been hard to keep my talons
    And my feathers all warm.

I'm clinging to branches,
    I'm looking at Diane
    She seems to be snugger
    In her home, than I am!

So my beak is now drooping
    My wings are all wet -
    I'm sitting here wondering
    How much worse can it get?I

So don't blame me for
    Moaning, 

Don't tell me to smile - 

I'm going to look a bit glum for a while!!

• LINDY: That poem is absolutely brilliant. It gave me a nice laugh tonight. THANK YOU. Well done.
  • My day began with a lovely chatty email from an overseas friend. Weather still cool, much to the dismay of the Weather Girl who wants to gad about to evening outdoor festival events. I am replenishing “lazy meals”; a big casserole is in the oven (4 meals) and tomorrow it will be Chicken Zucchini soup (another 4-5 meals). I managed to get myself muddled and I set out some of tomorrow’s veggies, luckily I realized before I started chopping.

LINDA – Glad to see you are cheerful enough to be poetizing again. Love it!

PAT – Belated birthday wishes.

Those frosty snowy photos look wonderful. [She ducks for cover as you all protest LOL] The only snow I have seen close up was some grey stuff by the side of the road in Tasmania many many years ago.

• Love the poem Lindy.

AQ - I have MORE snow this morning. Have taken this photo for you!!! Will have to put my wellies on to go out and feed the birds!!!