WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MARCH 5 2023

Hallo all.   Hope Diane and bjane haven't been swept away.   I've been busy in the garden the last couple of days; got tired of waiting for my knight in shining armor to show up with his landscaping truck - got a lot of tidy up done.

Hope everyone has a good week.  

• Edit: Don't know  why all of my pics are coming out so big.

She enjoyed my fairy cakes!

• Lindy - Rosie is growing up isn’t she? I remember her being born back when I was a lurker!!!
    I think my sister is enjoying her spread out birthday. Today there were 7 of us. Her husband, church friends and me! It was at a pub I had never been to before in a village just outside Chester. It was very good. I had the roast beef dinner followed by apple crumble and custard. I am now very FULL!!!!!
    Annette - the cake was made by a friend of one of my nieces. It was plain sponge on the inside with a jam and buttercream filling. This was so that the children would eat it too!! It was very nice.
  • Lindybird:  What a sweetie!  How old is she now?   Bravo for attempting a pizza from scratch but too bad it wasn't that rewarding.  Maybe a frozen one next time?   Or a take-and-bake one?

Rusty:  Apple crumble and custard - -yum!   I'm really grateful the kids in our family always opted for anything chocolate.  So it's chocolate cake for us with chocolate-mint ice cream for some while my grandson and I (the purists) will only accept it with vanilla.

• Just watched Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont on Amazon Prime with Joan Plowright and Rupert Friend.  Such a lovely sweet movie.   :-)  I read the book about a month ago and stumbled over the movie when I was browsing Amazon's offerings.

• Good Morning.

Annette, I meant to thank you for starting us off this week. Rosie is three and a half now, and a lively little girl. In the cake eating photo, she and her mum are sitting on the pine toybox which my father made for my children back in the 1970s. My family enjoy chocolate cake, too, except for Matthew who has many likes & dislikes.

I sometimes make the "take & bake" pizzas as they are fresher tasting, but had a flash of the guilts that it's supposed to be easy to knock one up yourself.

I seem to remember the old film "Mrs Palfrey...." - some of those films are really charming.

OH is off to take our big car for its MOT today - we had new tyres put on it recently in anticipation so are hoping that it will pass the road test with flying colours.
  • Our big camellia is glorious once again. In this picture it towers above me. Hopefully it won't be made brown by this weeks frosts.

• Monday again. Sorry to see that HEATHER has been unwell. Glad LINDA had a good visit with little Rosy. I wish DIANE didn't keep getting such awful weather events.

Last week was crammed full of goings-on. Had both Podiatry and Haircut appointments. E-E and I did have an afternoon out - we went to Caledonia Park Outlet (formerly Gratna Gateway). The sun shone but it is so cold there - the wind tunnels through the unroofed mall. The new layout is slowly filling up, but really needs a lot more tenants to make it worth a visit. OH bought a jacket - although not what he was looking for. He was happy that we had a snack in the Doughnut bar - I hate doughnuts but had a good piece of carrot cake. We were successful in finding a wedding present for our hairdresser - looks like she could have snow on her big day this week!

J is really difficult right now - we are hoping he will be better (easier to live with) when they take his car to sell on Thursday - E-E will have to go to drive there, but J has to be there as the actual owner. He left late for his bus again this morning, so I am going to try to persuade him to shower in the evening instead of seven in the morning!

I don't seem to be able to get onto Facebook these days - they say the code I have is wrong. I may try to join again later if I really want to! So don't expect to hear from me that way, at least for some weeks. I will now check that we are logged in here, before posting.
  • Hi everyone and thank you Annette for starting us off this week.

Diane - do hope that not too much damage has been caused by the winds etc and that the leak can be rectified.

OG &EE - nice to hear that you've managed a day out. Been to Gretna once. Hope J's problems will resolve and that he will feel better after the car is sold..

Rusty, nice to have time with sister and friends for her "big" birthday. Cake looked lovely.

Lindybird - nice to see the daffodils advancing and oh that Camellia it looks glorious, let's hope the frost doesn't get it.

We are plodding on down here. Dau has bought me a ticket to go and see Saints (Northampton) on their last home match - Mothers' Day present. Never been to a match so should be interesting. Ray had a season ticket when he was with us so we are going instead of him this year.
  • Good Morning. Nice to hear that you and EE have been out and about, OG -- I agree that in lots of these modern complexes there is a wind tunnel effect which makes it unpleasant. Sorry that J is struggling with things - perhaps he'll feel better once the car is gone.

Lynette, enjoy your outing to the match.

Snow here in the UK today! Not here, but I suspect our Scottish friends have some.