GLASLYN - March/April 2023

All pictures and videos ©Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

After the tragedy of 2021, the 2022 Season was a great success, with 3 beautiful youngsters fledging and migrating - Blue 497, 498 and 499 (courtesy of Glider):

Here's to the safe return of our precious pair, MrsG (thank you MaryGK for the original snap) and Aran:

GLASLYN YOUTUBE CHANNEL - where the latest live stream links can always be found.

Today, this year's indispensable volunteers gathered to give us a Group Wave, and I thought we should pay tribute to them here:

(How sparse this seems for a season OP - but it's all I've got to give.  I think we need the new thread sooner rather than later, being mindful of the likelihood of Dovey Devils and/or Clywedog Kids swooping in RoflBlue heart )

IMAGICAT

• OK < thanks . I needed to know that Glider and my internet has been up and down all day
  • You’re welcome Cirrus. Blush

After she took the fish, she moved to the other side of the nest with it. Aran stayed where he was and cleaned his beak.

Something startled her and she flew off. Aran continued cleaning his beak then flew to his perch. The female then returned to the nest and Aran decided this was a good time to mate, she didn’t agree and flapped him away.

He circled and came back to the nest, hovering above her, she shouted warning calls at him and raised her wings again. He then landed beside her. (Front)

They looked around for a short time, Aran looked over to her, she edged away a little then pooped in the nest. She started eating her fish then Aran turned and walked to the other side of the nest.

Aran had some shut eye as she finished eating the fish.

15.44 Once the fish was finished, she was a bit unsure but allowed Aran to sit on her back.

Aran then flew off, she cleaned her beak. Aran returned to the nest edge then went into the base. She followed him in and they quietly stood together for a few moments.

Aran then went to the nest rim and she did the same. Aran flew off and the cam zoomed in for a closeup of the female. 

Aran returned with a stick. The female came down into the nest as well. She watched him then picked up a stick and dropped it.  She’s mirroring what he does, learning as she goes. Here they are both fiddling with sticks.

Female left, Aran right. 

• Thank you for the 'Blog' Glider - don't think much to her pooing in the nest !!! very rude but I'll forgive her. She's much better than the yesterday's female.
  • I didn’t think you’d like that bit Cirrus!!! For her it’s maybe just a beginner’s mistake! Smile
  • 08 April

I haven't caught up with yesterday's events yet - but here's Aran just landed, he's now waiting on the nest:

And he's now looking out to our right from inside the right fence.

IMAGICAT

• Glider said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

07 APRIL

Thank you for all that reporting, GLIDER - I've done a shortish vid showing the main points (I hope!) but not included that lovely shot of Aran ♥

Aran returned later and waited till bedtime but she didn't come back.

IMAGICAT

• Aran is nestorising...

Some excited-looking flaps but no development yet.

IMAGICAT

• Good video thanks Scylla. Oops, sorry, did I get the ID on the headshot wrong, I said it was the female?!  Flushed

This morning, Aran brought a small fish to his perch.

He was finished eating within half an hour.

Then flew down to the nest around 10.05

• GLIDER - I was probably wrong, it looked like Aran to me and I didn't check the narrative thoroughtly - sorry !!!

Attention!

I just checked Chat to see if Heather had been around and had anything to say, and she had been and she had had!

"What other stream?!" I mentally exclaim... Well, it's THIS ONE, not entitled PC but "2".

Currently Aran is preening soundlessly on the perch.

Am just going to do a catchup of his morning so far...

IMAGICAT

• Thanks for the link Scylla, that’s a much better view of Aran on the perch than the link I was using. Thumbsup