SAD NEWS RE PATILY- MISS PATRICIA SELMAN

Earlier this evening I was sadly informed of the death, on Saturday evening, of the death of our dear Patily.

I hope further tributes will follow, as I'm sure they will.

Ospreys were Patily's obsession and despite her incredible disabilities she visited several centres.

She was one very 'gutsy' lady who I had the privilege of meeting at Rutland.

I am hoping I have more success with this post than the earlier one. 

This illustrates the battles she fought.

RIP dear Patily.

• Sadly I can find no way to correct this message which has more errors than content! Thank you RSPB

Patricia Selman
  • Oh no, this is such incredibly sad news. Cry What a wonderful lady she was, I always looked forward to reading her posts during the Osprey season and will miss them.

Soar high with the angels, Patily, now that you have gained your wings. Dove  May you rest in eternal peace. x  Pray

Thank you for sharing, Mike.

• Thank you, Mike -- so kind of you to tell us of this unfortunately sad news. Patily was so enthusiastic, her interest in the ospreys always showed in her lively posts.

R.I.P. Patily, you must be flying high now and happy to join with your beloved ospreys.
  • Dear Mike, thank you.

Some months ago Patily wrote:

"I am stilll in hospital and at a bit of a crossroads with my health and not sure how it is going to pan out.  Please keep your fingers tightly crossed for me that I am able to follow these magical birds next season."

What a very special lady she was.

Patily took this snap on 05 April 2018, it was Monty's first morning after his return for his penultimate year - I must have saved it planning to "decorate" it for her but never got around to it, so I've done it now:

IMAGICAT

• Thank you, Mike, for sharing this very sad news.  I enjoyed Patily's posts very much.  

Scylla, your decoration framing Patily's photo of Monty is wonderful.  

While she may not be here in person to follow the Ospreys return this year, I have a feeling Patily will have a better vantage point than we do. Two hearts 

• R.I.P Patily Your input will be greatly missed, but am sure you will still be with us in spirit.

Mike Thanks as always for looking and caring for us all.

• Very sad news. RIP dear Patily.

Thank you for letting us know, Mike. x
  • Thank You Mike for letting me know the very sad news about Patily. 

I last heard from her on 27.12.22 and she was so looking forward to Osprey season. 

Pat, Scylla and I all joined this forum in 2011 when EJ and Odins chicks that year were Bynack and Tore, and many a laugh we had discussing the happenings on the nest since then.

Patily was one very courageous lady, and despite her difficulties she managed to visit Rutland, DYFI and Glaslyn, her love for the Ospreys knew no bounds. 

Fly High dear Pat - you may just find a few Osprey friends up there both of the human and feathered kind. Broken heartHeartBroken heart

• My thanks to you Mike and Scylla.  I am deeply saddened by Patily's passing and am only somewhat comforted by her having been at home.

It brings Loch of the Lowes Sandra to the forefront of my mind again - she was so dedicated to Lady and the Laird

And  who knows how many others I miss posting is because of their demise and wish I had appreciated then more at the time. There were one or two very knowledgeable gents whose names or AKA I cannot  remember - was JSB one?

Mike I appreciate your input very much . And hopefully you know I do yours Scylla

Mustn't forget you Mary- thank you for your lovely memorial picture

My love to you all

• I always enjoyed Patily's posts - such a 'regular' in the early morning, always cheerful and positive. She will be missed - but is no longer burdened by her physical body and is flying free. Thanks for the memories, Patily.