Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 January 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy week.

I decided to walk to my small town yesterday to get some food at the general store. I heard a noise and looked back to see my neighbors' chickens lined up single-file walking behind me. She lets them run loose in the afternoon, and they had decided to follow me! I had to walk them back to their coup. The big red hen pecked at my shoe and looked at me like, "Come on, woman, let's go!" I guess they thought it was an adventure and I'm the new hen leader. LOL

Take care, all.

• OG It is your decision in the end but it is nice to know that all the family are in agreement.
  • Hello all. What a start to the week Diane, lovely anecdote of the chickens, makes you laugh and cheers one up.

OG - Unfortunate for J re the teaching assistant job but hopefully will be resolved and made clear to him. Glad to hear he can still manage to fulfil time at Gretna. All the best for his medical issues. As to care issues, pleased to learn that things will carry on as normal. As dibnlib has said, it is your decision in the end.
    Lindybird - lovely sunrise. Has gone a bit milder down here but we have had several frosty starts with sunshine throughout the day. No snow.

Had a lovely weekend with lunch out on Saturday with dau and then a family lunch out at a local pub yesterday. Lovely flowers from both dau and son and a lovely bag from d-in-l. Feel as though I have turned a corner.

AQ - nice that you had some proper time at dau's new house and could have a proper look round. Always nice to come back to your own home though, I expect. Glad to hear its a bit cooler at present.

Annette - Nice to hear you had time with dau sitting by the beach and watching the world go by. Nice and relaxing.
  • Rosie is an adorable little girl!
  • bjane:  Thanks for reminding me that Lindybird posted a pix of Rosie - she looks like such a little sweetie and I swear her eyes get bigger all the time.  :-))

OG: It does sound like poor J gets the runaround with these jobs.  I wonder who's in charge.   Meanwhile, glad you had a good visit with daughter and that things are planned for when needed.

Lynette:  I apologize for being clueless and/or forgetful, but belated Happy Birthday?  Sounds like a lovely weekend and glad you feel you've reached a good milestone...

Heather:  Am now trying to sell some stuff found lurking in the garage; otherwise will end up donating it.  

Rusty  A double trial then with the hearing aids and I assume no built-in interpreter.  -))  Je ne  peux pas vous entendre?  

Am delivering a spare patio chair to daughter's place this morning then off to Tai Chi followed by some general flailing about in the gym and yoga this evening. :-)     Take care all.

• Annette - as it turned out, I could hear people at French without straining or lip reading so “tout est bien!!!”
  • HEATHER – One of Dau’s raised beds was filled with tomato plants! At last I am picking more of my tomatoes than burying diseased ones. Five so far. They are so tastier than shop ones/

OG – How dare they mess J around like that. They don’t deserve any staff.

• Another frosty sunrise today. Will write later.

• Lovely sunrise Lindy. Didn’t see one like that here.
    I am going with my Flora and Fauna group to Point of Ayr on the Dee estuary this morning for a spot of high tide birdwatching. Naturally we are taking a picnic!!! It is 5 degrees!!!!! I will report back later on any interesting sightings. I just have a bit of snow left on my lawns now.

• DIBNLIB – re care arrangements: really the status quo for the time being! I am just thankful that I am mentally alert – my OH found out at Christmas that his brother (8 years older than us) has LBD (Lewy Body Dementia) which seems to affect thought, mobility and everything between.

ANNETTE – re J’s work: nobody really is in charge, that’s why it all goes “pear-shaped”! Doesn’t do anything for his health or well-being!

AQ – so, a good year for tomatoes at last! Do you and OH both eat them?

LINDA – no frost here – still dull but dry today, possible sunny intervals tomorrow.

RUSTY – hard to imagine your lying snow – we are even having warm nights again now!

No external commitments today. OH is at last taking a trip to order his new computer (a lap-top) tomorrow – been changing his mind for months now, but the decision is allegedly made at last! I declined the suggestion that I could go and watch him order it (“an afternoon out” he said).
  • Morning all.

OG:  An afternoon out watching EE order a new laptop?  How could you turn that down?  :-))   Yes, I suspected nobody in charge re J's work schedule.  I can imagine that kind of uncertainty affects you and EE too.

AQ:  I envy you the home-grown tomatoes.  I'm planning on planting some this year.  Just started pruning the roses for the summer and generally cleaning up the garden, but I'm going to hire someone to do the heavy lifting (she says, one more time). :-)