Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 January 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!!!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week!

Right now, I am on my enclosed porch, and a big Barred Owl is raising a ruckus. It sounds like a large ape! He or she is claiming its nesting territory very early this year. The Red-Tailed Hawks won't be happy.

• DIANE _ Thank you for starting us with a new week and big Thank You for news of OG.

OG – Dear Friend I hope you are coping with the situation and will be back soon. You are missed.

LINDA – LOL. (I can’t wait for the next episode.)

• Thank you, DIANE both for starting the week and for news of OG. Having a family conference is what we would all do, most probably, were we in their situation. If you're reading, OG - I'm sending my very best thoughts to you all.
  • Good Morning. Many thank you's to Diane for starting us off again. Hope the owl is going to be a good neighbour!

Raining again here - where does all that moisture come from?

Everyone I speak to is now fed up with hearing about the royal moans - of course, those who are struggling to put food on the table & to keep warm in these hard times, are not going to have much sympathy. Hopefully it will all die down soon & they can get on with things without being constantly in the News.
  • Thank you Diane for starting us off and for getting news of OG. I love owls. I think I would also love yours noise and all!!!
    Lindy - I am in total agreement with you re the royal moans. I turn the sound down when it comes on the TV.
    I am planning a quiet day before my usual round of activities starts again tomorrow.
  • Unusual for you to have a quiet day, Rusty! LOL! Enjoy.

I cut up some polystyrene packaging from the decorations, so that I can divide up some small gifts (musical boxes type - some are for the g'children & one's going in the charity bag) It now resembles Christmas again in the kitchen, as it turned into thousands of tiny white bits. The hoover will need to be deployed before it spreads magically to the rest of the house - it seems to cling to your clothes by static!

EDIT - Just realised that my avatar was still seasonal- have changed it to a recent pic of my granddaughter Rosie.

• For those of you interested in SPACE, The UK launches its first tomorrow evening.

spaceportcornwall.com/.../

• Good morning all from Suffolk and glad to have an update from Diane on OG and family.

Well I finally made it to Son and family in SE London with their Cristmas goodies. As you know they both had covid over the Christmas period.

However when I got there my Son had a really sore throat and could not eat or drink comfortably. He slept fitfully on Saturday night and was in a lot of pain and on getting up his face and neck were swollen. He drove himself to a walk-in clinic and after a short wait they referred him to hospital. He was triaged and seen by a doctor who admitted him as he had an abcess on his tonsil. So he is having IV Antibiotics, Steroids and water and  has to have it drained. He said he has been treated by some lovely caring people and was amazed how quickly they started treating him and is already feeling a lot better. Thank You our wonderful NHS.

Well its 2nd week of January and I can't wait for lighter nights and Spring.

Keep well all and good luck to OG and Family.

• Harelady -- So sorry to hear how very ill your son has been. Thank goodness, as you say, for the wonderful staff of the NHS who are still doing their jobs even though there is some disruption to services. I hope he now recovers quickly.
  • We went to see Sue yesterday, and spent an hour or two discussing various family matters, including the upcoming funeral of our brother in law, which has been so delayed. I took a whole pile of Christmas decorations which Sue will be able to offer for sale in a charity sale she attends.

When we got home, we had a quick salad lunch but then the doorbell rang & it was my OHs other sister, who has been bereaved - she had walked round with her dog. She said that the funeral has now finally been fixed for the 26th so at least now, everyone can plan. There is apparently still a question mark over his death which may take a long time to be determined. But the coroner is going to release his body for burial.

We went to bed tired after so much talking but at least we were able to discuss arrangements with other family members.