Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 December 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!

I wish all those who celebrate a joyful and meaningful Christmas. Love to everyone and your families.

It was so nice to see LIMPY and ALAN on last week's thread. Best wishes to both of you.

• Oh dear, OG, can I ask what happened ?
  • Oh, dear, OG. So sorry {{HUGS}} -- I hope things improve
  • RUSTY We have been staying at our favourite hotel in Pitlochry for our Christmas break and went to our room to watch "The Smoos and the Smeds which was so beautiful . Then of course it was The Kings speech which we were impressed with. Another favourite was "The boy, the mole,the fox and the Horse. Anyway we are home now having left early as the forecast was a bit worrying. Glad that OH is the driver.
  • OG Sorry to hear things didn't go well yesterday. Hope you are happier today.
  • Very true Lindy!!!!!
    OG - I am so sorry you had such a disappointing Christmas. I wonder if it was the pre prepared food you had bought. I hope no one was very under the weather. Sending wishes for a better Boxing Day.
    Dibnlib - hope you enjoyed your Christmas in Pitlochry.
    My friend and I had a lovely walk. It was sunny and 8 degrees. Lots of people were out walking their dogs or just walking and they were all very friendly saying “hello” etc. The tide was in so lots of birds were on their high tide roosts including hundreds of oystercatchers making that lovely communication noise of theirs. The picnic bench right on the waters edge was empty so we sat there and ate our lunch. The views over to the Wirral were very clear. We just walked about 2 miles.
  • Lindybird:  I have the same effect on lines; doesn't matter where they are.

OG:  OMG.  That sounds awful!  What on earth went wrong (or did anything go right)?  

Rusty:  That's surprising abut the Xmas day delivery.  Do you know if it was the US Post Office or a private company that delivered it?  If the former, they deserve a medal.

All sort of okay here:  OH sent multiple cards to relatives and former colleagues but somehow 'lost' mine - sigh.  Daughter developed nasty intestinal upset yesterday so am heading that way this morning with chicken soup and other helpful items.   Spent yesterday morning digging in the garden and moving some plants that were in the wrong place and wondering if anyone would miss me if I disappeared on a cruise next Christmas. :-))

Offices, banks, etc., closed today, but stores are mostly open.  Xmas is a very short holiday here but has a very long run-up!

• It will have been the US Post Office Annette because I posted it at my Post Office here in Wales. No couriers or 3rd parties would have been involved! My friends who are Canadian commented how different Christmas is in the USA. They particularly mentioned the fact that most people were back at work today. Their family is back in Canada. They usually have a Christmas meal all together at the end of November before they leave to spend the winter in Arizona.
  • Rusty: Good heavens, must've been someone with a kind heart and/or double/triple overtime! The USPS typically delivers only Express Mail/Special Delivery on Sundays - and that on non-holiday Sundays. Still, it'll be interesting to see if we get mail today, which is 'observed' as the official holiday because the 25th was on a Sunday this year. And yes, it's definitely not the week-long holiday that it is in the UK.
  • Random replies as I wait for washing machine to fill. Lovely to read about your Christmas “customs.

OG – {HUGS} Very sorry you had such a bad day.

Our Aussie Post contracts out for some parcel deliveries.

Our state has public holidays on Mon & Tues but many stores were open yesterday for Boxing Day sales for shoppers to overload their trolleys & credit cards with bargains (?). Supermarkets re-open Wednesday. Hot cross buns, of many flavours, already advertized. <sigh>

Already very hot here (8 am and 33 C). Sleepless night. I warned OH that his chocs would melt. His response? Switch on air con and vow to eat them faster!