Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 October 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a great week. Sending all of you good wishes who have flu or covid (or have family who've tested positive). Take care all!

• I've posted a sequel to the wood pigeons' story - if you'd like a look, click here.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Found another pussycat on our walk, this morning. She didn't even move her head to look at me, as she was transfixed on an invisible mouse below!

• We also caught sight of a really big butterfly - it flew straight in front of us and then on to some bushes. I ran as best I could, but it was gone as I arrived with my phone ready! Very colourful and such wings!!

On our way back into our hotel, we saw something flying very swiftly from tree to tree - it was this bird of prey. A man stopped to talk as I photographed it. He thought there might be a family of three of them, and this was the almost grown junior.

• Very nice. Quick to fly off, ignoring us completely as too high on the tree to feel threatened by us.

• I will have a new tale to tell on my return -- The Story of The Stretchy Top Which Made me Laugh!!

I haven't laughed so loud nor so long in a very long time, as I did today, all on my own in our room. If it had been filmed, it would have had 2 million views on U Tube or some such!!!!
  • Yes well, Clare, that would be wood pigeons!!!!
    Lindy - looking forward to laughing with you over your stretchy top. We need a laugh!
    Birding was great. On the same reserve we saw cattle, little and great white egret. Also hundreds of pink footed geese flying over on migration. Brilliant.
    Revolving doors Clare, was the comment my Canadian friend messaged to me. Our country must be a laughing stock at the moment. What a shambles.
  • rusty2 said:
    Our country must be a laughing stock at the moment. What a shambles.

I just don't have words.  Especially when I read about who one of the favourites is to replace her ......... I was delighted to see the back of him!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Lindybird said:

Very nice. Quick to fly off, ignoring us completely as too high on the tree to feel threatened by us.

Limpy's favourite, Lindy - a beautiful kestrel!  Lovely sighting.

• Rusty: Well at least the UK didn't have to deal with Donald Trump, who's ugly influence still pollutes our airwaves.
  • How about a pet emu? Useful if you have plague of locusts. . .