Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 October 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Sunday.

Everyone have a safe, wonderful week! I'm off to the big city.

• Oh blimey, Rusty. You have my sincere sympathy. Please don't feel guilty as you clearly didn't have any reason to suspect you had Covid before today. I'll confess I'm with Annette - what took the PCR test result so long to arrive?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Rusty: I am so very sorry you have covid. I hope you don't develop any severe symptoms.

Annette: You probably already know, but in case you don't: Congress has scheduled a new hearing to present new evidence in the January 6 Insurrection (attack on the Capitol). It is due to start now. Most networks are offering Special Coverage.

Hi to all. I'm in Indianapolis and typing on my phone. So, I'll say more when I get home. Love to all.
  • Diane: I'm locked and loaded (glued to my chair, primed with French Roast and my trigger finger on the Remote). :-))
  • Unknown said:
    Congress has scheduled a new hearing to present new evidence in the January 6 Insurrection (attack on the Capitol).

Bloody good job.  Let's hope they nail the ringleader and bury him somewhere.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - I too am very surprised that it took a week for me to be told by email of a positive result. For the last 2 years, all the negative ones have come after 2 or 3 days, I sent the test off by priority mail (no strikes around that time) and know they were received the next day, so I have no idea why the result was so slow. A faster result would have stopped me from going to all these places where I do hope I haven’t passed it on.
  • Oh dear Rusty. Never mind - you weren't to know you had it. You've done the right thing in not planning much for the next few days.
  • Good morning, all. I'm sad to say that I think Helen now has Covid. She commented earlier this week that someone in her office had caught it, and she came down with symptoms yesterday. So far Limpy and I are fine - Limpy had his booster almost three weeks ago and I'm keeping everything crossed as he already has more than enough wrong with him.

• Oh heck, Clare. It seems to be everywhere. I hope Helen is not too poorly, and that you both avoid it.

Also thinking of Rusty - hope you don't feel too bad today.
  • Not as misty here as of late. Got lots to do over the next 2 days as we're off early on Sunday. I fell asleep after lunch yesterday having had a bad night, but then Sue came visiting so I had only 5 minutes. She has had major problems with all her communications and mostly its caused by the fact that her property has two different addresses, so ironically she's had to spend ages on the phone getting one of them changed by the local authority, before her house is recognised by BT!!! It's even more complicated than that but she's had to be persistent as she'll never get some things done until its sorted.
  • She's not feeling good at all. She spent half of yesterday morning throwing up, her temperature skyrocketed and then the coughing and sore throat started. I really hope she improves soon - it's awful seeing her in this state.