Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 October 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Sunday.

Everyone have a safe, wonderful week! I'm off to the big city.

• The coo?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I have read all the news and will reply soon. I just never seem to have stopped since I got back from Portugal. I’ve had shopping, grass cutting, garden tidying, the funeral, washing, ironing. It’s been non stop. I had my 2 jabs on Saturday and now have 2 sore arms. I am going back to the hospital tomorrow for a check up on my eye. To me it doesn’t feel any worse so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the retina isn’t damaged.

I haven’t forgotten about my promise to report on Portugal. Here is another photo. This is Obidos.

• @Clare

"coo.... (re your advert)
    They're commonly found in the Highlands and 'coo' means 'cow' in the old Scots language. Scots is a variety of English that's been spoken in the Highlands for hundreds of years."

Morning all
    Up early for home shopping , such a godsend.

• Good Morning. Its often a really busy time when you return from holiday, Rusty. Like your pic of Portugal in the sun!
    Both of my arms are still sore since my jabs, which is a nuisance more than anything else. Hope yours heal up soon!

OG educated us about the famous Highland "Coo!"
  • It should of course be Heiland Coo ...
  • SunnyKate2 said:
    They're commonly found in the Highlands and 'coo' means 'cow' in the old Scots language. Scots is a variety of English that's been spoken in the Highlands for hundreds of years."

Thank you.  Spot the Sassenach!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Heiland Coos have become popular in Aussieland. . . but then there are the scammers.

• My friend's family near Perth, in Scotland (not the Australian one!) used to farm Heiland coos. Every year there was one black calf who was always called Princess. I saw many Princesses when I visited her! They may look cuddly when they're young - but those horns are formidable!! Anyone who has travelled across to Iona from Fionnphort on the Isle of Mull will probably have seen them wandering around the village.
  • Pat O said:
    Anyone who has travelled across to Iona from Fionnphort on the Isle of Mull will probably have seen them wandering around the village.

Seriously?  I must get Limpy there the next time we visit Mull.  I now know we're eligible to apply to take a vehicle across to Iona, which will help a great deal.

• Clare - The coos are usually in the village near the coach stop. If they are not there, go out of the village and take the first left ... they'll be there! Glad you are eligible to take a car across - not often granted, but it does mean you and Limpy will be able to get up to the Abbey, You might even get round to the golf course ...