2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• What a very beautiful and ethereal painting, well worth the saving. thank you Scylla

• Unknown said:
    I'm breathing a sigh of relief, so thank you Sandra and for the link. I'm very pleased I was so wrong

You are so welcome, Cirrus! Hugging

• Glaslyn

I saw Heather say "I've been practising zooming on a Wood Pigeon on the perch", so I got up the nest cam, clicked on it a couple of inches back, and lo! Astonished  right on the Wood Pigeon Grin

So I had to do a video, even tho it was "only" preening:

The rain eased off overnight, today is gloomy and sounds windy.

I think these were corvids (rather than Starlings) flying in and out of the bare tree:

Heather tried to zoom but this is what happens and it's why I haven't been covering the cam this off-season - I do hope it can be repaired in the run-up to homecomings:

LG Feeder - just scanning quickly for arrival of Siskins - I know they've been here in February in previous years...

None seen up to lunchtime today.

IMAGICAT

• 29 Jan evening @ Glaslyn

A Tawny Owl at one of the nest boxes (someone saw another's head pop out of somewhere as the first flew off but I couldn't find it) - and were these the Whoopers?  I thought they looked more like geese but wuddoo I know? Tired face

And was it an Egret who flew in and picked up something and flew away?

IMAGICAT

• Lovely to hear a robin singing on the Woody P video Scylla.   And, oh boy, those headlights !   on the Tawny. Thanks for both videos Scylla

• The 30th of January was not a barren day on the Glaslyn PC cam, due in no small measure to Heather's efforts Hugging

Egret (Great White?), Tawny in colour but blurry due to distance, 2 frolicking Otters (sadly, too late in the day for colour), and 7 Whooper Swans (so it was Whoopers yesterday evening too):

LotL

There was activity out on the Loch before dawn but too distant and dark for video.  The cam did another couple of pans-about - and then went down without me noticing until now Tired face

IMAGICAT

• LG Feeder

30 January

Such orderly Tits waiting for the GSW to leave (lots of GSW visits that day, both M&F) - a second later there were twice as many waiters and it was chaotic:

I didn't notice any Cresties until this one at 16:30, and serendipitously the long-lost Tree-creeper chose to join it - so I had to spend time making a very fancy frame Hugging

IMAGICAT

• What a great video. Yes, correct, a little egret and  what a gorgeous pair of frolicking otters. Many thanks Scylla

• Lovely 'snaps !  super picture of all the tits lined up and GSW   And ah ...... sweet little tree creeper with the crestie . Thanks Scylla

• Anyone else had problems accessing the site today? I've only just had a positive result !