2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Well,  ''  LotL - frosty, on the 16th the big black corvid (cos someone on YT told me it was a crow, not a raven) '' - - -  have to confess, I did need to look twice but I saw a downward curving beak ! so decided it was a young raven not yet fully grown.

Such a super super video Scylla and can't resist posting what I hope will turn out ok with all my text

• Recke, northern Germany

The Blue Tits all fledged "this morning" in less than half an hour Blue heart HuggingBlue heart

Excerpts:

IMAGICAT

• Simply wonderful... Many thanks, Scylla! Heart eyes

• I happened to have the Boreal Ontario feeder playing on a screen with sound and noticed an unfamiliar call - the last time this happened, a few days go, I thought there was a hawk in the near vicinity but it turned out to be a Blue Jay - and guess what?... today's was also a Blue Jay but this sound isn't listed in the archives.  Another world first from Scylla GrinStuck out tongue winking eyeGrin

Yesterday a squirrel took the biscuit - last time that happened, it was a flying squirrel at night:

LotL

The cam had a short pan-about, probably to loosen stiff joints - this is a bit to the right of the nest:

Some of you know one John Pearce - he has put up 2 Osprey poles in North Devon AstonishedBlue heart

I resisted informing him that he needs to get the live streaming cams up by the second week in March latest Stuck out tongue winking eye

IMAGICAT

• Great stuff    Smiley   Thanks Scylla

• LotL

Another member and I were wondering however Laddie was going to cope with the state of this nest this year - the grass having overwhelmed the whole nest for the first time in history Stuck out tongue winking eye 

I confidently promised to post comparisons "eventually", only to suffer a complete breakdown in video playback, then internet outage, then severe problems searching my playlists for apt vids - for one thing I'm in the habit of leaving the year out of the title, to keep characters to a minimum, and for another it takes hours to find specific playlists, and for yet another we can't search by date any more.  Therefore...

Maybe this was the season when Broken heartLassieBroken heart failed to return: 

This must have been the same year:

Evening of 12 March 2021

Evening of 03 March 2022 - the EGs were visiting around this time:

26 January 2023

No doubt the Team has plans for the rampant grass!

I thought I should have a video showing Laddie's immense prowess at clearing/flattening the grass tufts - but can't find it.

IMAGICAT

• Yes, you do  have a  capture of    ' Laddie's immense prowess at clearing/flattening the grass tufts'  Scylla, I remember it well !

Thank you for these captures but I can't share you optimism that the Team have any plans whatsoever for dealing with the grass and yes, this is definitely the worst  it has ever been

Oh, Laddie, my heart goes out to you

• Re LotL nest last season. This was the pic I took of it on 1st March 2022

The team cleared the grass and added additional sticks on the 3rd March as seen in Scylla's pic on the previous page (cam was down for part of the day). Also, this post from Scylla on the thread that day here.  I'm sure Lowes will get things all ship-shape in time for our star arrivals. HuggingThumbsup Fingers crossed

• Glaslyn 27 January

It's been bucketing down all evening:but when panning around Heather showed a short view of the Mute Swan couple sailing by:

EDIT 22:39 - it's bucketing horizontally now - sounds awful !!!

IMAGICAT

• I'm breathing a sigh of relief, so thank you Sandra and for the link. I'm very pleased I was so wrong