2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

• Royal Albatross still down.

EDIT - I started this thread last night - this morning the cam is back up!

SunnyKate2 wrote the following post at 7 Mar 2023 6:44 AM:

Morning all....... (Syclla pinching your early slot...CHOL:):)

Cheeky Monkey face... Stuck out tongue winking eyeRoflKissing heart

Loch Garten may have witnessed some dying Aurora Borealis:

I've been handcuffing myself to save me from messaging LG FB about the cam/s... "When will you be sorting them out, are we going to have the PTZ active, will you switch on the IR, and why don't you do it right away so we can see the Pine Marten who's sure to be climbing every night to check for eggs" Stuck out tongue winking eye

Manton Bay

"Where are the cormorants?", I asked, and then yesterday afternoon

It stayed on the nest all night, flying off this morning:

The EGs have been in several times since, then the cam went down and I've forgotten the time - it was after 10:00.

Arkaig2

Wing-like phenomenon giving 20 minutes of excitement in the top-left corner Stuck out tongue winking eye

• scylla said:
    The EGs have been in several times since, then the cam went dow

Just to be even more cheeky XXX

• Thanks Scylla, nice to see something out of the ordinary!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Another treat from the Captiva PTZ cam:

• On 01 March:

scylla said:
    I popped to Sapsucker Woods (NYC) for a while - how come they have flying squirrels but Ontario does not?

They do now:

The reason I know that is because Tammie has tweeted that she has COVID Tired face

So I popped to YouTube to see if the feeder was empty or not, and there was the flying squirrel. 

(Tammie is investigating whether she should or could take the new anti-covid drug Paxlovid, but I found contra-indications affecting all 3 (including me) of my very close people.)

• I'm not really "doing" Captiva, but this particular cam is a fascinating novelty at the mo.

A little shoal of fish must have attracted these divers - seen distantly on the Captiva PTZ cam, as were several individual Osprey dives.

Later, all sorts of goings-on, with a fish delivery to the nest heard but not seen (you need sound on for Osprey voices):

EDIT - I replaced this video with one including snaps from nest view of fish delivery.

LG

Someone thought that the IR had been switched on, and there have been periods when the nightcam was not pitch black - but I have ascertained - that is, discovered for certain - that it's Luna who's lighting up our nights temporarily - you can't see her here, she didn't take effect until she'd already passed thru:

• Yep, reckon the pelicans were diving for  fish and OH ! that call from the Osprey, fills a hole in my heart. Thanks    Scylly

• A big digression from our usual fare - BLACK BEAR!

I think it's in a purpose-built den in the wild.  She has 2 cubs but, apart from maybe the glint of an extra pair of eyes at one fleeting point, we only see one at a time.

Later, definitely TWO cubs:

I've just seen the 2 cubs being even more active so I've ended the recording and will extract something later, but that will be the end of it.

Sunrise at LG with no spider's web or other obstruction Stuck out tongue winking eye

Captiva started out appropriately - altho Florence's neck wasn't quite what Angus was aiming for:

Manton Bay

The wide cam now - looks like a spider has already created scaffolding for raindrops etc:

• A stripey Captiva fish for afternoon tea - he does like to tear them up a bit Grinning

• You'll have to rename it Lazarus Scylla!!   Seriously I don't know how you manage all this tech stuff!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr