2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Very brave Jay !  birds certainly are master of the air. Thanks for the videos Scylla

• Memories Broken heart

POT PLANT OWL - 17 OCTOBER 2020

(I missed this entirely)

After 15 amazing years in our PPO house, it's time to migrate to a new area. With such mixed feelings, we're ready to sell our PPO home to another owner(s) who (hopefully) will love the PPO memories, the good vibes and the house's unique offering.
    If we could pick up our PPO home and move it elsewhere, we would but that wouldn't be fair to the new owner(s) - hehe.
    If anyone is interested, please contact us directly.
    If anyone knows of someone looking for a special place in the Radiokop, Johannesburg area, please share.
    Our details are:
    Email: tecclesafrica@gmail.com
    WhatsApp: +27 (0)83 631 0209
    The PPO home is a perfect eco-friendly home with a full solar energy system and a large water storage tank.
    Wishing you all much love and strength at this difficult global time. I choose to focus my attention on positive things and outcomes I can control, and to shift attention away from worries or fear. Enjoy time with your own self daily, and family members / friends. Make every second of your life count!
    Thank you to each and every one of you for following PPO over all these years. You are indelibly etched in our grateful hearts forever.

IMAGICAT

• Fabby-dabby feeder and nestbox cams found in a garden in northern Germany @ Recke.

Ground feeder, with adaptation from day to night - and they've got a cam permanently zoomed on a little tray of pumpkin seeds.  You can imagine it was all rather a lot to cope with, I just caught the pigeons and a female pheasant (I hope), but saw blackbirds and a magpie earlier, besides the usual spadgers and tits.

SIX nestboxes on one cam, with a crop showing mice taking advantage of an empty box:

10 Blue Tits nearly ready to fledge:

IMAGICAT

• I really hope the new owners don't turf PPO out !

• Unknown said:

I really hope the new owners don't turf PPO out !

The whole family of owls died thru trichomoniasis Disappointed relieved (or variation on that word), it would be a great surprise if another adopted the patio.

IMAGICAT

• Was puzzled by this, as it's too early for bluetits to nest. Now see that it's from May 2022!

• Mmmm, wondered about that myself Jill, so thank yoiu

• Oh, oh, oh. I am so sad but thank you for letting me know Scylla

• JillR said:
    it's too early for bluetits to nest

Just another sign of global warning ?! Stuck out tongue winking eye

JillR said:
    Now see that it's from May 2021!

The title is ""Mini & Pip" 2022 Bird Nest Box (Eurasian Bluetit)" and the timeline is 2022 - but it didn't strike me that it's now 2023 !!! I just relied on the LIVE button - how weird, and well spotted, JILL Kissing closed eyes

That's knocked my confidence in YouTube live streams, how can historic streams be portrayed as Live?  We can't believe anything we see Frowning2

IMAGICAT

• Catchups

LotL - frosty, on the 16th the big black corvid (cos someone on YT told me it was a crow, not a raven) visited twice, didn't do much or show up well.

LG Feeder - just checking for signs of Siskins, none so far - I had to delete a lot of footage once I checked for that and that the Cresties are still around.

Crestie with a morsel:

Here was a snowed-on squirrel the day before yesterday morning - and we've now got a timeline - thank you, whoever you are !!!

And yesterday afternoon a Wood Pigeon briefly visited - the format of the feeder didn't really suit it:

Boreal Ontario

I'm tearing thru hoping that any large bird - like the Ruffed Grouse - will still catch my eye... ... ... No-one did, and I've discovered that I shut it down for a couple of days.  During the up-time = loads and loads of Common Redpoll, quite a few Pine Grosbeaks, frequent Blue Jays, one Gray Jay, the usual Chickadees... I didn't notice any Evening Grosbeaks.

Last year's German Blue Tit babies - these are gaping at a parent's tail as it departs!

I won't be able to catch any fledges until there are only a few left.

IMAGICAT