2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• To be sorted out when the site recovers from annual seize-up!

Sorting out being done Stuck out tongue winking eye 

There are at least TWO Pine Martens in the garden!  The sleeper in the box may have been 2 different ones, as there were 2 sessions but the cams switched around so that we couldn't see "one out, the other in" - but you can see one eating nuts and the other sleeping in an uncropped clip.

Ah, it's a learning curve - the male Pine Marten is Paddy and the female is Penny, and she appears to have a once-nasty head injury but I haven't seen that mentioned, only observed it here:

The display chops 'n changes the cam positions and sizes frequently, so rather time-consuming to edit vids.

No software crash since 06:30 this morning !!!  Fingers crossed

EDIT - And it just crashed, Fate was tempted and succumbed Tired face

IMAGICAT

• Well, what a delight !  Long tailed tits and chaffies galore and adorable pine martins,, it couldn't be better.

Very many thank yours Scylla , a true New Year's  treat

• Boreal Ontario

Perky Gray Jays on snowy New Year's Day:

02 Jan

We could count the little Redpolls if only they were on snow:

LG Feeder cam was restored to normality around midday today:

Scottish Wildlife Garden, Argyll

Penny the Pine Marten eating at the mouse maze:

IMAGICAT

• Amazing indeed! It would be good to understand whether siblings end up close together after migration due to genetics or chance
  • Thank you Rebecca Phasey so much for your Glaslyn Blog

A terrific read on KC4 and 497 . Congratulations to Kielder and Glaslyn

AND thank you Sandra for the  link, - what wonderful news

• LotL

Dawn on the 5th - big footprints on the nest !!!  Never saw whodunnit, probably nobody.  Nothing since.

LG Feeder

First in one morning:

I hadn't been noticing Cresties but they're there - in fact one was second-last at the feeder this evening.  This head-on shot (for a change) was not it, it was an earlier one:

Boreal Ontario is being frequented by all the usuals but no unusuals.

IMAGICAT

• I expect  it was Big Foot disguised as a Pine Martin Scylla      Grin

And little Crestie looks  a tad disgruntled at being penultimate visitor to the feeder , bless him, great white breast though

Thank you Scylla , great snaps  and frames

• Unknown said:
    I expect  it was Big Foot disguised as a Pine Martin

You prompted me to check Recycle Bin to have another look thru the previous clips, in case I'd missed it - but they've all been expunged Frowning2

However, I shan't worry, as either SANDRA or HQ would have picked it up.

IMAGICAT

• 3 days of LotL

12th - I hope you can see that the Raven arrived head-first Grin

13th

Two days running the Raven flipped over the bark slab!

That's probably it for tonight.

IMAGICAT