2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• WendyBartter said:
    I have a different view on live bird feeder cam at Loch Garten

It's not on the RSPB Video channel page, WENDY - typical of these amateur streamers who won't learn YouTube Confounded - and whoever did that video (no names mentioned Stuck out tongue winking eye ) hasn't given the link for the live stream.

Hours of trawling the individually cropped cams overnight and early morning have produced these - first a Coal Tit in the so-called Redstart box:

And then a vole (???) popped into the Mammal box early in the morning:

EDIT - Getta loada this cam (found while looking for Wendy's live stream) - spotters ID birdies and they're posted on the live stream - and someone saw a Long-tailed Tit, which I've never seen before AstonishedBlush

IMAGICAT

• Loved the  little coal tit in the redstart box  ! and the  vole ,, at least, not mouse ears

Thank you  verly much Scylla

• scylla said:
    It's not on the RSPB Video channel page, WENDY

It's second on this list Scylla, see now it's on Facebook & quite old!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    It's second on this list Scylla, see now it's on Facebook & quite old!

Thanks, Wendy - but it's now "academic", as they say - because my downloader has completely broken, I've put a post and bug report on the support forum but expect to have to wait till Monday at least for a reply (I think I'm not the only user with the problem).

I've still got some completed streams to look thru but am going to watch... maybe Judge Judy Scream and nod off.

IMAGICAT

• Hi Scylla I did answer you yesterday on the chat but just to say I think what is on the webcam is not meant to be at all so hence no link !! I think what is showing just kicked in when the feeder cam went down . I did message Jason at Wildlife Windows but I imagine he is on his hols and will sort it out next week (maybe) . Jason is usually very good at replying to me but has not yet , lets hope he can sort it out .

Valerie

• Valerie D said:
    I think what is showing just kicked in when the feeder cam went down .

Ah, that makes sense Blush 

Thank you for sussing that I'd probably got trapped in a turgid tech turmoil and taking the trouble to find me.  Happy New Year, Valerie.

And to everyone Purple heart 

(Stolen from LG Abernethy FB - "Loch Garten Frost" picture.  Sorry about the inaccurate shades.)

IMAGICAT

• and Happy New Year to you Scylla x

Valerie

• (EDIT - I BOPS'd myself - there's a Happy New Year to y'all on previous page.)

=================

From the leftovers before the crash...

Long-tailed Tits galore - what a first-time capture AstonishedSmileHugging

More later...

IMAGICAT

• Such a lovely vid of LTT's Scylla, Hapy New Year to you, may it begin with all your techie problems getting sorted!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• The cams that keep on giving - from the same 6-hour clip s the LTTs - look at this mouse trying to tidy up the place (??? Smile)

More to do tomorrow.

IMAGICAT