2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• 10 December

A bit more snow today.

I was thinking yesterday that the Robin hadn't been around for a while - and here he was, almost at first light this morning.  But despite his 10-minute stay, I couldn't get a decent shot, he was flitting between the perch and the other side of the feeder, hence no video either, as the thought of editing it was daunting.

Also, it was rather dark and he was very fuzzy, so I had to take advantage of this 1-second clear view:

What a size difference vs the Coal Tit!

IMAGICAT

• Had a look at Lough Neagh Scylla but only a gull & a Cormorant/Shag? hanging out to dry!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thank you, BEE-EATER, I am very thrilled to have pleased you Hugging 

WendyBartter said:
    Had a look at Lough Neagh Scylla but only a gull & a Cormorant/Shag? hanging out to dry!

I did much better than that, WENDY - managed to find nobody at all Rofl 

Here was the Heron, it found a scrap to eat on dry land:

A couple of hours later the platform was teeming* with cormorant/shag.

*Ah well... thinking about it, "teeming" conjures up movement, and they weren't moving much - except on the spot if they were preening.

I have discontinued this cam for the time being.

.Makov Rescue Station

I just popped in there (05:55) - it's been pouring with rain and only the Stork couple and a Heron are in the Pond:

IMAGICAT

• Thank you Wendy, Can't see a ''crest'' so guess a Cormorant ?
  • Is that the first capture of a Heron p*****g on video Scylla? Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    Is that the first capture of a Heron p*****g on video Scylla? Lol

That may be my only achievement of note when I'm gone Grin

Lotsa Crestie visits in the morning didn't see any thereafter.  (This snap will fill the width of your screen if you click on it.)

IMAGICAT

• Absolutely marvellous Scylla and thank you for the tip about the 'click - I shall be sending this one to Zilpha, too

It actually filled the entire width of my (on going) email. immediately       Grinning

• Makov

To my surprise, I caught the resident Heron flying away in the distance - either he can't fly far or he has a strong homing instinct:

In our absence the feeder cam has been re-set-up and it's much "better", IMHO.  But I had to turn both Makov cams off because they went down.

In the evening a Robin was last in - in-n-out, in fact, so I did a trick collage,which took ages because the two on the right overlapped, so I had to colour in part of it - shakily:

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Hairy Woodpecker (M)

Lots of Blue Jay visits over the past few days - inevitably, the odd clash Hugging

Makov

Blue Tit (it takes an expert so I'm tellin' ya):

Same applies to the Robin, an early visitor this morning - he had been crouched on the edge of the basket but suddenly stood tall on one leg:

LG Feeder

Very, very busy but no-one unusual seen - this snap is not typical but shows tits lined up as a Chaffie (I think) approached but didn't land:

Tan-breasted GSW!

It's been dark so far this morning - and a squirrel has monopolised:

IMAGICAT

• Simply super'snaps; Scylla - quite charming. Like the fisticuffs between the bluejays.

I have  8 male Blackbirds and one Lady BB visiting regularly now from early in the darkness to late into the dusk and oh boy !! fisticuffs ensue too but mostly the feisty lady black bird seeing off the boys. Most of the boys have agreed ''ok guys whilst the temperatures are what they are (- 6 or  -7 C ) let's just share. Cirrus is generous with the sultanas.''