2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Onario don't ask me re dates/times !!!

Colours of Pine Grosbeaks - male, female, in-between - I snapped these for my earthly friend, might as well get use out of them )

THREE Flying Squirrels munching, including a little spat:

This is a dramatic-looking seal entanglement - trawlermen had noticed the animal caught up in their net and drew it up to free it:

That was just to catch your eye - this not quite so eye-catching - a group of wonderful young men who devote their time and (much!) energy to freeing entangled seals on Namibian beaches.  Amazing, both how they spot the affected seals and how they catch them - the "nets" are so brilliantly designed - and those super-strong zips, withstanding such stresses!

Even the baby seals are dangerous, they have very sharp teeth and most of them don't know that their lives are being saved Stuck out tongue winking eye

Randomly chosen, you'll see loads more on their channel.  I feel duty-bound to promote them xxx

IMAGICAT

• Oh my oh my oh my. The seal video was so upsetting. Thank you Antoine Wally and Naude. Thank you Scylla

• Oh my goodness, what tremendous work those young chaps are doing in looking after that huge colony of seals. Poor things getting caught up in all those, unwanted and thrown materials.
    Love the 3 amigo Squirrels, naughty one having a spatt with the other, who was not expecting it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Boreal Ontario

At first glance I thought I was seeing my first ever owl here, but the eyes turned out to be the familiar Flying Squirrel's:

Nothing unusual to report from the LG feeder - I haven't seen the Treecreeper lately but Crestie is still visiting, among the Tits and Chaffies when they can get a look-in... this female GSW was second in this morning after a Great Tit, it was there for 20+ minutes, much of the time seemingly mesmerised by the peanuts instead of eating them:

IMAGICAT

• Oh,  I can understand why you thought it an Owl first off. And what a handsome girl (I think)  on the peanut feeder.. Thanks Scylla

• Boreal Ontario

The 2 Canada (Gray) Jays, but not for long.  These birds collect and stash food for the winter, so I suppose we shouldn't expect to see them needing the feeder very much.  They remind me of Long-tailed Tits (which I've never seen) except in pictures).

Common Redpoll - there should be little flocks of these eventually:

To show that a few more birds are congregating:

And that the Treecreeper was back, and the Crestie still visiting:

IMAGICAT

• Mmmm, they don't  seem very big for Jays!  very attractive little birds but as for caching I bet they'll be like  squirrels, forever caching but continuing noshing on the free feeder    

• Unknown said:

Mmmm, they don't  seem very big for Jays!  very attractive little birds but as for caching I bet they'll be like  squirrels, forever caching but continuing noshing on the free feeder    

See one of the nicknames!

"The Canada jay (Perisoreus canadensis), also known as the gray jay, grey jay, camp robber, or whisky jack, is a passerine bird of the family Corvidae."

And they don't look a bit like any corvid I had previously met Astonished

The Blue Jays are multiplying, and tempers are shortening Joy

I did this last night and fully intended to edit some slomos into it before uploading today, but the will isn't there/here:

The solitary Evening Grosbeak was a plucky little character, not at all cowed by the big boys:

Routine activities at the LG feeder, no-one extra-ordinary seen.

Makov not downloading while the SWFL and NEFL eagle cams are, too much disk space req'd.

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Their version of a Red Squirrel on the feeder - after this it returned to the feeder several times thru the day:

LG was wet and misty, I could see that the Crestie is still with us.

IMAGICAT