2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario is back!  Don't know how long it's been up.

I thought we'd be too late for flying squirrels but I found one right away in rollback - and the Pine & Evenaing Grosbeaks, as well as Black-capped Chickadee and Nuthatch.

There was a long period when there were few residents at the Pond, and the Tree Sparrows took advantage until they had to flee an unknown threat.  This is a shortie just to show that they do go there as well as the feeding basket:

This is photoshopped without Photoshop, there was just the one woodpecker - which I think is a Hairy as opposed to a Downy:

Nice back-of-head view, which I couldn't include because it would have overlapped the one on the corner:

Harriet and M15 going about their business - this is out of date but there's still no egg as I type:

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    didn't look like mowing to me , well, it did, but the grass remained the same height

I thought that about the grass height too - but had no other explanation and wondered if you (all) might.

Unknown said:
    pity the  cam was out of  focus for the Sparrow Hawk

It's only 720p instead of 1080p, because their broadband isn't up to handling the higher resolution.  We need a Heather at LotL to zoom the cam for us, as my crops expose the graininess.

Guy Fawkes night at Glaslyn and/or Pont Croesor:

A few seconds of flying squirrel:

A different squirrel later:

American Crow, I reckon:

IMAGICAT

• Mmm, I didn't see any actual fireworks and have to say the nearest bonfire looked more like a heath/wood fire  to me    Unamused

The bonfire in the background looked more like a war zone to me !!!!  I felt very sorry for the wildlife         Worried.

Yep looks like a crow to me Scylla - loved the startled flying squirrel.

Many thanks Scylla

• Unknown said:
    The bonfire

If I weren't so tired and fed up (this laptop having suddenly and inexplicably completely died a little while ago) I'd look up the origin of the word bonfire... it's only just occurred to me that it's warranted.

In view of recent events and consequences, it's packing up time here Grin 

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

Harriet and M15 going about their business - this is out of date but there's still no egg as I type:

https://youtu.be/9UpFyMWmYI4

Thanks for the video scylla. Nice to see Harriet and M15 on the nest. Everytime I look in there's no-one home

• One of the flying squirrels munched 'n watched 'n munched 'n watched for over 17 minutes:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    the origin of the word bonfire...
    late Middle English: from bone + fire. The term originally denoted a large open-air fire on which bones were burnt (sometimes as part of a celebration), also one for burning heretics or proscribed literature. Dr Johnson accepted the mistaken idea that the word came from French bon ‘good’.

IMAGICAT

• Dark Greenfinch (well it was very dark before I messed with it) - can't be a female with those bluey wing feathers.  I don't know how you expect me to master this dear dang bird, JILL Stuck out tongue winking eye 

The angel-winged Greylag Goose has a life of Riley:

The model "bird" was put there last year and has been marring snaps ever since, and there's no way to contact Tammie to ask her to move it... and I probably wouldn't if I could, so am whinging about it.

The Grosbeaks - the 2 Pines are quiet and casual, the score of Evenings are noisy and quarrelsome:

I had to delete and redo that video as there was a duplicate clip in it.

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

The feeder tray was relatively empty so the Flying Squirrel, like ahot, resorted to the mesh coffee-pot feeder - more work involved with that one:

I've been neglecting Blue Jay, here's a shortie:

Hairy Woodpecker - both genders:

Flying Squirrels were back oveenight 08-09 Nov:

That's a token as I'm so behind with all cams but have to take a break, so only this cam is up to date.

IMAGICAT

• What a wonderful lot of birdie life. Thank you Scylla. Particularly enjoyed all the squabbles and fisticuffs amongst the Grosbeaks