2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Look's to be young female chaffinch nice video clip Scylla
  • Oh dear, Laddie will have his work cut out for him next year. I so remember Odin having a battle with the grass one year in particular at LG.

Lady Chaffie still managed a good gnaw on the peanut. Great  to see great tit blue tit and coal tit. Many thanks Scyla

• Harriet and M15 are so in tune with each other - but the cams went down:

Evening at Makov pond:

This rat is not disabled, it's stealing food meant for the less fortunate Grin

It was there much longer than I've shown.

A night or two ago (I'm all behind) Heather found Barn Owls - it took me as long to extract them as they spend on-cam, over 2 hours!

Later they spent the night up in the tree again:

I'll post this, in case it gets moderated.

IMAGICAT

•  Crestie leaves the feeder alongside its shadow:

IMAGICAT

• Both of them great shots Scylla            Relaxed

• I scrolled back from the live feed yesterday and normally I cannot find anything on scroll back no matter how hard I try but........ first click on the red line I picked up the first Barn Owl and Heather verly skillfully followed it along the fence line when it flew. Then, wow, the second Barney flew in quartering the field- really great stuff.
  • Think poor Laddie will have to get the lawn mower out to that lot!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    Think poor Laddie will have to get the lawn mower out to that lot!!

I think it's going to be more work next season than usual - but I don't mind because it's such a pleasure to watch him tame the nest Heart eyes 

Crestie, Coalie, Tree-ie Stuck out tongue winking eye 

The Sparrowhawk again ???  It was there for 2 minutes, I made a crafty rough cut as well as the one you can plainly see.  (

Yesterday afternoon they did some stuff with the cam and it went down, hasn't yet recovered as I type:

They refilled the LG feeder... I presume  It didn't appear to need refilling (we're getting nowhere near the number of birds we used to see, but maybe it's not the full feeder season yet):

This morning - the first pre-daycam of a Crestie I've managed to spot - in the old days they were often first in and last out Heart

Later, brightened on a dull day:

IMAGICAT

• The SW Florida nest cam has been dark 2 nights running, see the red notice, which says "Not enough power for both camera and pan tilt motors".

In the morning the pair came to check the nest:

That was after Harriet had persuaded M to mate on the branch - cropped from tree cam:

Hurricane Ian hardly caused H&M to break their stride - hopefully we'll soon see an egg Hugging which I'll post in News from Other Nests.

IMAGICAT

• Nice breakfast viewing , thank you Scylla, but didn't look like mowing to me , well, it did, but the grass remained the same height  !    Lovely snaps of the Cresite and I'm borrowing the video of the LG feeder for Zilpha.. Such a pity the  cam was out of  focus for the Sparrow Hawk (not your fault)